Thursday, November 9th

Kelley and my alarms went off went off at 6:30 and went down to breakfast. We fixed our plates and sat down with Hope and Ash.

Hope: isn't Brad playing tonight
Me: yup, Pittsburg at home
Kelley: are you getting your class notes?
Me: for chemistry, Kiley will FaceTime me, but other classes Brad will get his notes and then I'll copy.
Ash: when are you flying back
Me: tonight, I need to do study hours tomorrow
Hope: how many do you have?
Me: all 6
Kelley: that sucks
Me: yeah but sometimes it's the only time I study so it's good.

We finished eating and then film started. We watched for 40 minutes and then Jill told us the lineup.

Jill: we will load up at 5, small dinner at 4. Our lineup is Alyssa, O'Hara, Broon, Dahlkemper, Short, JJ, Horan, Mewis, Lynn, Alex, and Baby Horse.

We were free to go, and I went up to my room to take my calculus exam. I finished at 11 and went to Hope's room. Ash was gone so it just me and Hope.

Hope: did your dad call?
Me: you mean on my birthday?
Hope: yes
Me: yeah, he did and he's back in Germany
Hope: well good
Me: yeah

Lunch was at 12 so we headed down. We made our plates and Allie, Alex, and Kelley joined us. We ate and talked. Once we finished we ended up to mine and Kelley's to watch Game of Thrones. I packed my bags and we all went down at 4. We fixed our plates and ate. We finished and then loaded up the bus. We went to the stadium and went to the locker room. We put on our gear and then I went to get my elbow taped. We went out for warmups and the stadium was already full. I finished my shots and headed back in. I put on my jersey and then my jacket. I lined up behind Kelley and we walked out. After anthems and pictures, we took the field.

The whistle blew, and Canada kicked off. We pressed high and possession was back and forth until I won the ball and went up the left. I saw Alex running and sent a perfect left-footed through ball and Alex calmly put it past the keeper in the 36th minute. Canada started playing rough and Alex and I spent more time on the ground than on our feet. The whistle blew, and we went to the locker room.

Jill: Press is going in for Lynn and Carli for Mewis.

We took the field again and Alex sent it back to Carli. We struggled, and Canada capitalized on it. In the 56th minute, Alyssa came out and got beat. The game stayed 1-1 but Canada started fouling and received yellows. Allie came in for Horan and Emily came in for Short. The final whistle eventually blew, and we shook hands. I got my drinks and a cool down before rushing to the locker room.

I showered and then grabbed my stuff. A staff member drove me to the airport and I rushed to my gate. After two flights I made it back to Chapel Hill at 3 and Brad drove us home. We both got in and crashed.