Sunday November 5th

My alarm went off at 8 and I got up. Brad and I ate breakfast and then watched TV for a while. At 10:30 Brad drove me to the stadium. I went to the locker room and got my gear on. We had our dance party and then Dino brought us out for warmups. We went out and I got elbow taped before joining back in. Anson told us the lineup and we took the field.

Duke kicked off and it was a battle. In the 45th minute, Jo shot but it bounced off a defender and I collected it and blasted it from the 25-yard line to make it 1-0. We came back out and I sent the ball back to Jo to start the second half. We built up and I was going against the center defender. She bumped me, so I bumped back harder fouling her. The ref blew the whistle and gave me a yellow in the 60th minute. A Duke player also got a yellow minutes later. The final whistle blew, and we won the ACC Championship.

The whole team rushed the field and the water cooler was dumped on me and Jo. We got our small trophies and then one big one. We also got hats and t-shirts. We took pictures for what felt like forever.

We eventually made our way off the field and I went to find Brad. What surprised me was Hope and Kelley.

Me: what! When did you get here!
Kelley: right before kickoff
Hope: congratulations, that was a good goal
Me: thank you
AK: Baby Horse! Come on we need pictures
Me: I'll be back
Brad: I'll take them back to the apartment
Me: okay, we can go eat when I come back

I ran off with AK and we took a bunch of more pictures. Back in the locker room I changed and grabbed my stuff. I got back to my apartment at 5.

Hope: do you need to shower before we go?
Me: nah, I'll be fine. We can go to Top Dog
Kelley: okay
Me: I'll drive

The 4 of us rode over to Top Dog and got a table.

Kelley: who do you play on Thursday
Brad: Pittsburg at home
Hope: and soccer?
Me: Highpoint
Hope: what are you doing for study hours
Me: 3 Friday and 3 Saturday morning

Our food came, and we ate and talked. I drove us back and dropped Brad off at his dorm. Back at my apartment, I showered while Hope and Kelley put on a movie. I got dressed and joined them.

Hope: how have you and Brad been?
Me: good, after the lost against VT we both broke down and actually talked about Meg.
Kelley: do you know how her team has been?
Me: yeah, they lost their last 3 games, but I think they won on Friday
Hope: hopefully they'll be okay

We finished the movie and then went to bed.