Tuesday, January 9th

The alarm went off at 6:30 and Alex and I got up. We got dressed and headed down to breakfast. We fixed our plates and sat with Hope, Ash, Ali, Kelley, and Tobin. 

Kelley: what time is your flight?
Me: 9:30, I leave after I finish eating
Tobin: and what time is the game?
Me: 4 o'clock kick-off
Ash: are you excited?
Me: okay what is it 20 questions 
Hope: hey, be nice

I finished eating and then said bye to the girls. A staff member drove me to the airport and I boarded. I switched flight in Dallas and then landed in New Orleans. I walked to baggage claim and saw Jayme and the boys waiting for me. 

Rand: Vanna!
Me: hey little man
Rand: we've missed you!
Me: I've missed you too
Jayme: how were your flights?
Me: they were good
Aulds: come on mommy

I followed them to the car and on the way, I changed into my uniform. We got to the stadium and I rushed down to my spot. I stretched and then got in my stunt just in time for kickoff. 

Clemson kicked off and we received and brought out to the 40. Clemson's defense was strong but Brad threw a 40-yard pass to Justing and he ran it in for the only point of the first quarter. The second quarter started with us up 7-0. Clemson had the ball on the 30 and they were able to run one in to make it 7-7 going to halftime. 

The 3rd quarter started and we kicked off. Both sides were strong and struggled to get through. The only points come from Clemson's 3 point conversion to make it 7-10. We started the last quarter and everyone was on edge. we came out fast and scored a touchdown to make it 14-10. Clemson came back with one of their own. With two minutes left we had the ball on the 50 and it was third down. Brad yelled hut and Justin took off. I saw him turn back and switch run with Allen. Brad saw the opening and launched a 45-yard rocket. Justin caught it and jumped into the endzone to make it 21-17. Our defense came through and shut down Clemson completely. The clock ran out and we won the National Championship for the first time in program history. 

We took pictures for what felt like forever and then I was able to find Brad. 

Brad: are you sure you can't stay?
Me: duty calls but we'll celebrate after camp
Brad: alright, I love you
Me: I love you too

I kissed Brad goodbye and grabbed my bag. I got a championship shirt and then went to find Jayme. 

Jayme: you got everything?
Me: yes
Aulds: Brad played amazing!
Me: he did
Rand:  I want to play like him 
Me: well I'm sure he would love to train you one day
Rand: awesome

Jayme drove me to the airport and I rushed to my gate barely making it. I landed back in San Jose around 10. I ate dinner on the way back to the hotel so when I got there, I went to my room and crashed.