Moments With You (All Might x Reader)

A/N: Yet another request from someone of ao3!:D I'm so happy people like my fics enough to make requests!^w^ I do not own My Hero Academia, any of its characters, or the picture. Enjoy!

He met you at the Kamino Ward incident.

A gathering of top pros chosen to carry out the delicate rescue operation, you were one such hero. An underground hero, he'd only briefly heard of you before, your skills said to be on par, if not greater, than those of Eraserhead's. 

He'd never really been one to pay much thought to rumors, but the moment Toshinori saw you he knew everything he'd heard was true, more or less. 

You were a warrior, a huntress, in every sense of the word. From the confident set of your shoulders to your silent footsteps, everything about you screamed hero by night, the gleam of underlying power in your eye sending a shiver down his spine.

Even though he should've been calm and composed in the hours before the plan was put into motion, Toshinori couldn't help the excitement that buzzed through his veins at the thought of seeing you in action.

When everything was over, his true condition exposed to the world, you were the first to approach him. Though you were bruised and battered just like all the other pros who had lent their strength to the mission, you still had that powerful gleam in your eye, the scrapes and wounds only making you look somehow triumphant as you faced him with your chin raised and shoulders back. 

You could have said anything. Something about how his deflated form was a disappointment. Something about how he'd almost lost. Something about how the world would react to him. His tired mind raced with the worst possibilities, making him tense for your disappointment.

"Are you okay?" 

Toshinori froze, eyes wide with surprise. That was all? Where was the disappointment? The disgust? As he stared at you, a new light entered your eyes: concern. 

You were genuinely concerned about him.

Was it even possible for something so simple to take his breath away? 

Breaking his prolonged silence with a cough, it was all he could do to say, "Yeah." 

It was obvious you were unlike anyone else, but he had no idea you would become the most important person in his world, his treasure, the love he didn't think he'd ever have.

He asked you out before his wounds had fully healed.

Toshinori's arm was still in a cast when he asked you out to dinner, explaining that he wanted to thank you for your help with the Kamino Ward incident. 

It wasn't one-hundred percent a lie. You really had helped a lot, evacuating innocent civilians while the other pro-heroes were out of action, but Toshinori would be wrong if he said his intentions weren't entirely unromantic. 

"Are you sure? Don't you want to rest?" Your eyes darted to his cast, brow furrowing in concern, and he felt his heart soften. You were so thoughtful, it was no wonder you were such an accomplished hero.

"Ah, it's almost healed anyway so..." he trailed off. Why was he so uncertain? He was the great All Might, fighting villains no one else could! How hard could it be to ask out one beautiful, intelligent, kind, amazing woman?