Chapter 15

Apologies to anyone who doesn't particularly care for fashion or clothes because this chapter is full of it. I guess as a writer I just couldn't let go of my fashion streak x)

Please comment, vote or like. I really appreciate it when you do :D

The next morning I was up by 8. It was Saturday but I believed that every day slept in would be a day lost. I was washing my face in the family bathroom when I heard Cam’s voice calling my name. I wiped my face with the face towel and poked my head out of the door.

 “Yes Cam?”

 “Hayden’s on the phone for you.”

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where Cam stood chopping tomatoes. She pointed to the ancient phone she refused to replace on the kitchen counter beside me. I picked it up and said, “Hello?”

 “Shopping time!” Hayden screamed.

I winced and tried not to pull the phone away from my ear.

 “I’m almost at your house so you better be ready - oh and I hope you don’t mind me bringing someone else along.”

 “As long as it isn’t Ophelia,” I remarked without realising exactly what I had just said.

Laughter filled my ear. “I see she hasn’t had a great effect on you. Don’t worry, everybody feels the same way. I’m bringing a friend from school. She’s in most of my classes and also dating a senior. She’s a werewolf so there will be nothing to worry about.”

 “Sounds great.”

 “Brill. See you in a sec.”

The line disconnected and in a dash, I was up the stairs and in my room. If Hayden was taking me out shopping, I needed to look marginally descent at least. A double check of my hair had me flipping out. I had piled it into a pony tail haphazardly this morning and hadn’t realised how messy it looked. Clearing it up, I moved onto my makeup. As usual, I opted for three strokes of mascara for each eye, a bit of blusher and a swipe of clear lip-gloss. The doorbell rung just as I was swinging a bag onto my shoulder and wearing my shoes, all at the same time.

 “I’ll get it,” I shouted down the stairs.

 I took the stairs two at a time and swung the huge wooden door open. Hayden stood there in all her fashionable glory. Like a mini-queen, I thought proudly. The sun shone feebly out of a few clouds so it seemed fitting for Hayden to be wearing over-sized sunglasses. I wouldn’t dare wear the stupid glasses but you know, everybody has their own style.

 “Ready to find your first prom dress?”

 Just then, Cam walked out of the kitchen, her trademark grin ready for Hayden. She pulled the werewolf girl into a huge hug despite how small she actually is, commenting on how much she had grown in the process (although it had only been a few weeks since she had seen her).

 “I hope you don’t mind me taking her out Camelia. I didn’t even stop to think you’d like to take Saskia yourself.”

Cam dismissed her comment away with the wave of a hand.

 “Don’t be silly honey. I’m more than glad that Saskia has such great friends. She should be hanging around with you not me.”

All the sappy friendship comments and ‘honeys’ were getting on my nerves. I knew Cam meant well and Hayden was just overly-excited all the time but to be totally honest, I just wanted to get going!

 “Should we get going?” I asked Hayden in a bid for escape.

 “Yes get going,” Cam exclaimed, gently pushing me out of the door and onto the steps. “Have fun too.”