Chapter 19

I hope you're all lapping up these regular updates because, unfortunatley for both you and me, they won't be as regular from now on :(

You finally meet Julien!!! Max Irons is my choice for his character (soo sexy, OMG) >>>>>

 “Or what?” Crosby challenged but I could feel his hold on me loosen slightly. He was getting ready for a fight and I sure as hell wasn’t staying behind to watch.

 The rush of air that blew against me and the heat emanating from his body told me that Drake was near. Crosby was still holding onto me but the pressure of Drake’s arm over my head told me he wasn’t in a very comfortable situation. Drake had him around the neck and the other werewolf hadn’t even seen it coming.

 “Let. Go. Of. Her. Now!” Drake growled threateningly.

I felt Crosby’s hold loosen further and took it as my queue to move away. I dashed away from him and instantly Clayton came to my rescue. He draped an arm over my shoulder and held me close. I wasn’t scared or traumatized or anything, just a little on edge with all the adrenaline pumping through me.

 As soon as I was away from Crosby, Drake let go of him. They stood there glaring for a long while before anyone said anything.

 “This isn’t the end Drake. You know exactly what we want and we will get it,” Isabel threatened, grasping her brother’s arm and dragging him behind her to a massive SUV not unlike the one Drake had been driving a few days ago. This time he had arrived in a dusty grey Porsche which I instantly identified as the Panamera. I knew that because it was my ultimate dream car.

 Ophelia yawned annoyingly. When she noticed me looking she shot me such a death glare I instantly looked away but hated myself for doing so. She was clearly pissed but was trying to hide it, probably for Drake’s sake.

 “Can we go back to the dance now? All of this is getting a little old,” she mused.

 “You lot head back. I’m going to take Saskia home.”

Ophelia, Hayden, Josh and Tyga slowly made their way back to the pulsing lights and the dance I had been having so much fun at a little while ago. Now it all felt like a big, fat dream.

 “I can come with you if you like,” Clayton suggested hesitantly. I could tell that he didn’t really want to ask, Drake being his ‘leader’ and all but he did it anyway. He did it for my sake.

 “It’s fine Clayton, go back and enjoy yourself. Unless," Drake paused and glanced at me, "you want to join him, that is.”

I looked from Drake to Clayton, torn by the choice I had to make. Drake’s eyebrows were quirked upwards and Clayton’s eyes reminded me of a puppy’s. In the end I didn’t feel like dancing anymore and even if I could get back into the swing of it, I wouldn’t enjoy myself as much as I had before.

 “I’d like to leave if that’s all right. I’m not in the mood for dancing anymore,” I told them, rubbing my arms as the adrenaline left my veins and my skin started to prickle with the cold.

 “OK well, I’ll see you at school.”

 “Yeah, see you.”

 I watched Clayton leave and couldn’t get the nagging image of Clayton’s disappointed face out of my mind. I had a feeling he wasn’t in the mood for dancing either.

 “Come on, let’s leave.”

 Just by being in Drake’s presence had me controlling my breathing but getting into his car had me stop altogether. The seats were lush and a creamy colour but I couldn’t quite enjoy them as much as I wanted to with all the shivering I was putting up with. Drake looked at me from the corner of his eye, reached into the back seat and produced a fluffy, white blanket.