24

Start of the second arc. Enjoy! *dramatic waving of hands* Get ready. This is a long'un. yey

It's hard not to panic when I look around this room.

It's definitely beautiful, with rich, exquisite carpets over a white marble floor, and a crystal chandelier overflowing with a soft, golden light hangs above my head. There are soft, squishy couches lining the room, and a single, rather ornate, chair in front of the jewel-encrusted vanity. A door on my left goes into what I would assume is a bathroom or a bedroom. One whole wall is taken up by a wardrobe, which, when I checked, is filled with a multitude of dresses. The vanity holds tons of precious jewellery, glittering in silver, gold and bronze, with gemstones in so many colours and varieties that I'm not even going to bother naming them. There are also pins and brooches and circlets.

I sink into one of the couches, taking my gloves off and placing them beside me. As soon as I had stepped out of the carriage, monsters came to escort Frisk and me away to a corridor. From there, we were taken into different rooms. I barely had any time to hug her and wish her luck, before I was whisked away. I've been waiting for ten minutes, each growing second making me even more stressed.

The doors bang open, revealing two monsters. I jump about a meter into the air.

The first monster is completely green, with a short, slim, reptilian body and no arms. She beams at me, and I feel myself relax a little. The second monster is basically an anthropomorphic bunny, with clean white fur and a pink nose. Her face is more severe than her partner's, though the twinkle in her eyes is inviting.

"Hello sweetheart! Aren't you a darling!" the reptilian exclaims. "My name's Emma, and this is Michelle!"

"Um, hi?"

"We're going to get you ready for the coronation," Michelle squeaks. I blink.

"Isn't the coronation in the evening?" I ask, completely confused.

Michelle shakes her head in disbelief. "Oh sweetie. It's going to take hours to get you ready. That's why we're here now," Emma chirps.

I decide to ask the lingering question on my mind. "Do you two know how humans work?" They look at each other, confused. I decide to elaborate. "Like, do you know how to dress humans, get them ready for something like this." I feel blush start to stain my cheeks as Emma laughs.

"Of course we do! Monsters use makeup too, you know!" She titters. "Besides, you've got a dress tailor-made for you. You're in good hands." She nuzzles my cheek reassuringly. "Michelle, could you start the bath? I'll start setting everything else up." Without another word, Michelle takes my hand gently and leads me into the room on my left.

The bathroom is just as gorgeous as the main room, with a black, white and gold theme to it. Michelle runs a bath for me and pours in some weird concoction. Its scent soon pervades the entire chamber with a sweet, smoky scent. Michelle leaves me alone to strip and soak in the deep tub. She tells me to pull on a white bathrobe when I'd finished.

I lower myself into the pleasantly warm water, sighing at the lovely feeling. I lie back, basking in the warmth for who knows how long, before sharp knocks on the door tell me that I've been in for far too long. Drying quickly, I slip in the robe and walk into the main room.

As soon as I enter, Emma pushes me into the chair in front of the vanity with her head. She looks incredible excited.

"I've never done this on a human before," she admits. I feel my stomach churn. Oh dear god. She nuzzles my shoulder in reassurance. "It's okay. I won't let you go out there until you look like a princess."