Extras

This took a year too long

So, for starters, thankyou everyone for reading this! That really means the world to me. And the fact that all of you reading this were able to get this far without throwing your device across the room and then burning it is incredible. This is the last update with any story, so don't expect any more.

Special thanks to @GreyTheGrim for reading my first draft supporting me the whole way.
To @SazDaSkelly for being my editor and having to put up with editing fifteen pages worth of work.
And last but not least, to @EvilNekromancer for giving me your opinion on the chapters and deflating my ego when I needed it most, and for being a second editor.

Trivia

· Yes, that is the real ending. And the best ending she's gotten so far. (I'll explain later)

· There isn't a version of this story or a different timeline where Michael doesn't end up evil.

· I kept changing the ending. I only permanently decided that Will was going to die in August of last year

· It was really hard to keep this a secret.

· Will wrote a farewell letter a couple of days before the Battle of the Barrier. It was hidden in one of the books Gaster wrote. Sans found it a week after the Barrier broke while they were cleaning out.

· It was on the page which talked about silver souls.

· In the process of bringing Asriel back, Will put a chunk of her soul into Asriel's new one. That was what killed her.

· Her hair's white because the radiation from the bomb killed off the pigment cells in them.

Deep lore that I came up with because I was bored

This story is just one outcome of many.

Will's world is a timeline where monsters don't exist. But her world is one ravaged by war.

This all began with Gaster, who watched the bomb drop onto Will's world from afar. He couldn't make any alterations to that timeline simply because he doesn't belong there. He was about to leave, when he realised that someone managed to survive.

Gaster can't alter the course of events, but he can do things that won't drastically change the timeline. And fixing this person up is an act of kindness, right? So, he took them out of their world, and placed them into the Underground, at the exact time Toriel would come to the patch of flowers.

The first time, she had survived her injuries. She had survived for a while. And then Gaster had seen her soul and he watched closer.

Her power was great. The sheer amount of energy she radiated, he realised, might just be enough to break the barrier. Maybe they didn't need seven human souls. Maybe they just needed this girl at the height of her power.

But then she was killed by the flower, and that hope was gone.

Chara reset the timeline again, and he watched as the demon slaughtered everyone he loved.

The next time Will was brought into the monster timeline was a while after the first time. Gaster was as determined as a monster could be to achieve the perfect ending.

Will survived longer this time, enough time for her to start training with her power. But then the flower pushed her into the lava, and he had to start again.