Chapter 10 PRIDE

"So," Shiro said, breathing fast on his treadmill, "Gimme the detes."

Keith looked his best friend dead in the eye, who was trying to figure out finger-guns, and monotoned, "Don't ever do that again." He was sounding dangerously like a dad trying to decipher teenage lingo.

"Agreed," Shiro laughed nervously, "But seriously, you do have to tell me how it went."

Keith rolled his eyes, "It was nice."

"Did you kiss?" Shiro hedged, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes." Keith smiled a bit, and he refrained from touching his fingers to his lips, remembering the sweet kiss.

"With tongue?"

"Ew, Shiro, you're gross. Stop talking. I'm trying to run here."

Shiro amped up the incline on his treadmill, "That's a no," he confirmed.

Later, when Keith was lazily spotting Shiro as his friend bench-pressed, he realized he could torment Shiro just the same.

"So how about you and Allura?" Shiro didn't blush- his face was already red from exersion- but he did smile.

"We're good," Shiro said, and Keith batted his eyelashes innocently.

"Going steady? Kissing with tongue?" He cooed.

Sweat poured down Shiro's face, and he looked uncomfortable as Keith asked, "Have you met her family?"

Shiro looked sheepish, "Not yet."

"Ha! I win! Family is more important than kissing with tongue, anyways. I have everyone's approval too."

"Even the dad?"

Keith hesitated, "Yeah, I think so." He snickered, "I've heard that Allura's dad is pretty intense."

Shiro winced, "Really?" He faltered, and Keith caught the weight, smirking.

...

"Good afternooon~ Mullet," Lance said slowl as he swung into the flowershop, carrying two coffees.

"Afternoon, Weirdo," Keith replied, leaning forward on his elbows. He was working at the flowershop after his classes, and Lance had offered to stop by Hunk's to get them each something while he had a quick break between lessons.

"How do you drink your coffee black?" The corners of Lance's lips curved up, "It tastes like shit."

"I think it tastes good," Keith said, taking the cup Lance held out to him, "Thank you."

"Yeah... Hey, I've gotta question."

"Shoot," Keith mumbled, gulping down hot, rich coffee.

"What are we?" Keith looked up. Lance looked awkward and nervous as his eyes shifted around the store. "'Cuz, like, I don't wanna just be a guy you have around."

Keith blinked.

"Uh... Either you want me or you don't, you know?" Lance tried to smile, but his lips just twitched a bit. Instead, he pressed them tightly together in a thin line after Keith's next words.

"I dunno."

"You don't?"

Keith struggled for something to say. Yeah, of course he liked Lance, but maybe it was because of Lance's dad, or maybe is was something else...

"Okay, well let me know." Lance tried to smile like it was no big deal. He started to walk away. Keith bit his lip, eyes squinted, he needed something to say, anything, just anything, Lance, don't leave, now.