⚡5/19/18 (1)⚡

Read a/n at the end please

The boys woke up the next morning to a shaking feeling, sure the shaking became a normal reoccurring thing but this time, it was different.

It was closer to the boys room.

Followed by many terrified screams.

Zach quickly moved over to Jonah, knowing he would protect him. Leaving Jack looking jealous, and scared.

Corbyn and Daniel still havent moved from their position, so Corbyn pulled Daniel closer and mumbled that things were going to be ok in his ear repeatedly. While poor Daniel was on the verge of crying due to the continuous screams.

Confusion filled the boys, along with curiosity. They wanted to know what happened. They needed to know what happened.

"I'm going out there." Jack said standing up and walking to the door.

"Jack please be careful." Zach said as Jack opened the door, which Jack answered with a nod.

The door shut and the others became silent, just sitting and listening to the students panic and teachers yelling.

⚡⚡⚡

Jack stepped out into the hallway and saw what everyone was panicking about, a part of the school has collapsed.

So many things we're running through Jacks head,

How many people died?

How many survived?

How am I gonna tell the others?

He was somewhat relived when he found out that the cafeteria was still accessible, they'd just have to climb over some rubble.

The teachers eventuality got back into control and got them back into random classrooms.

Jack was speed walking through the hallway to the lounge, when one of the math teachers spotted him.

"Jack Avery!" His voice boomed through the hallway and Jack started to run.

⚡⚡⚡

The boys also heard Jack's name in the lounge considering Jack was almost to the lounge.

They made sure to listen closely. They heard footsteps, they were running, as in Jack was getting chased.

They didn't start freaking out until they head Jack shout,

"Let me go asshat!"

Zach sprung up, and without thinking, ran out to the hallway, ignoring Jonah's calls.

He spotted Jack and the teacher, who noticed Zach.

"Zach Herron come here immediately!" He yelled.

Zach obeyed and slowly walked over to them.

"Good, now follow us, you'll be safe." He said still dragging a struggling Jack.

"Actually," Zach started. "We have no intention on going anywhere with you." And with that, Zach threw a quick left hook at the teacher.

The teacher dropped Jack due to the surprisingly strong impact of Zach's punch.

Zach grabbed Jack's hand, pulled him up and started running to the lounge, without letting go.

The duo bursted into the lounge, locking the door behind them. They then walked to their spots and sat down, taking in what just happened.

"So, Zach isn't as weak as I thought." Jack snickered breaking the silence.

"Thanks?" He responded making the others laugh along with himself.

"Anyways, what even happened out there?" Daniel asked, finally getting off of Corbyn.

"A section of the school collapsed." Jack responded sadly, "I don't know if there were any survivors but on a positive note we can still access the cafeteria. We just have to climb over some stuff." He finished with a sigh.

They were quiet for a few minutes, until Corbyn spoke up, "ok now that Daniel moved I'm using a bathroom. A real one cause the bucket is disgusting." Then he went to the door.

"Don't get caught, or Zach will have to beat someone again." Jack commented getting Zach to roll his eyes.

"Wait, why didn't we just use the regular bathrooms from the start?" Jonah asked, generally confused.

"Probably because we we're scared little bitches, hell we are still scared little bitches to be honest." Daniel responded.

"Zach" Jack called

"Yeah?" Zach responded looking over in his direction.

"Thanks you for 'saving me' " He answered emphasizing with a genuine smirk

"It really was nothing, it just wouldn't have been the same without you here to be honest." Zach mumbled, the others nodding in agreement.

Then it was silent (except for the storm) but this time it was a comfortable silence. Whenever it's quiet like this, they just didn't have anything to talk about or else they would talk all the time.

When it was silent, Corbyn and Daniel will still just stare at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes. Like said previously, that's just normal for them plus it comforts them too, or was it because of something more?

Jonah was always in his own world, and he really enjoyed being in his own headspace and he thought the storm was soothing when it wasn't making everyone anxious.

Zach would do the same thing, just didn't enjoy his headspace half the time. He doesn't acknowledge out in the open, except for Jonah a few days back.

Jack was always watching Zach, sure a lot of other people didn't like Zach or how he looked, including Zach himself, but Jack thought he was gorgeous.

He would always observe the brunette, the way his hair swooshed to one side, the bags under his eyes that we're fading day by day. His eyes,
he thought they were so captivating, the way they were so beautiful and bright one second then dull and mysterious the next. He didn't like to look at his lips, cause temptation. Sure, Jack didn't like guys but he was seemingly making an exception for Zach.

It was like they were hypnotized. Focusing on one thing and one thing only, in complete silence, allowing the others to concentrate on the things they were thinking of. Time flies during these times, they were in their trances for a hour and a half. Jonah started the conversation,

"I'm hungry."

"We still have food, are you blind?" Jack asked pointing to the center of the room.

"But we're pretty much out of sandwiches" He whined slouching on the wall.

"Fine, me and Zach will go," He started getting up. "Um c'mon Zach I meant now." He finished and Zach got up and walked out of the room without saying a word. Jack followed him, waving before he left.

A/N⚡

I know this chapter is all over the place and it honestly sucks ass and I'm sorry for that... I just wanted a chapter out before school starts again.

Oh I've gotta plug real quick. I made a fan account on Instagram and you should follow me @lunabess0n. Also hit me up cause I have sooo much free time and I don't wanna make the first move.

One more thing, I wanted to give y'all an opportunity to ask any question you want about the book so far cause I feel like somethings are pretty questionable. So if you have any questions leave them here.

Thoughts/Feedback/Ideas?

(Part 2 of this chapter will be up tomorrow night btw)

~L