T... for Tu Tu Main Main!

Chapter 10: T... for Tu Tu Main Main!

"Khushi.. There you are. What took you so long?"

"Of all people, you are asking me that, Amma? Who agreed to Arnav when he said that I should work today? And that too till 4? Moreover, he himself took leave after heaving tons of work and this horrible Delhi traffic delayed me even more." Khushi retorted.

"Arrey, Arnav will definitely take leave. After all he is looking after all the arrangements of the engagement of Akash. What would you have done here all day?"

"Amma, you never asked Jiji when she took leave." Khushi complained.

"That is because it is her best friend's engagement."

"Haww! You mean I am just a guest here. I don't have the right to take part in any of the rituals for the wedding. Smita Aunty, Mano Aunty, did you hear what Amma said? AkashBhaiya is not my bhaiya." Khushi said with a pout.

Smita laughed at the girl's antics and said, "Tum toh meri laadli ho. Don't listen to your Amma. Go and see where Chhutki is."

As soon as Khushi left, Garima started, "Yeh ladki aur iske nakhre. Pata nahi iss ladki ka kya hoga? At least she does some work because of Arnav."

"Don't worry Garima. Everything will be fine."

"I hope so."Garima sighed.

~0~

Khushi had looked for Avni everywhere. But there was no sign of her.

Where did this girl vanish?

She peeped inside her room again but it was empty. "Avni?" Khushi called out. No response. She heard some muffled tones. Was she at the poolside talking to someone?

She went to the area but found no one. She could still hear the voices... Were they coming from behind the wall?

As she neared the wall, the voices became clearer.

"Badi Ma aa jaayengi."

"Aane do."

"Bhai aa jaayenge."

"Aane do."

The sight which met Jalebi's eyes, made her eyes round with shock. She covered her mouth with her palms, since it had formed a big 'O'. She ran into the nearest room, without paying attention to whose room it was, and collided with something hard. Before she could figure out who the person was or rather whose room she had entered, she heard the other person mutter "What the!"

~0~

Avni's lips broke into a smile when she spotted Dr. Aman Mathur enter the Raizada Mansion. She was seeing him after exactly twelve days 22 hours. She saw him smile at her as he spoke to Shashi Gupta.

Fifteen minutes later, she found herself pinned against the pool side wall with Aman towering over her. How he managed to sneak away from the rest of her family, she did not know.

He nuzzled his nose on the crook of her neck and said, "God! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Aman."

Aman lifted his face from her neck and brought his face closer to hers. As his lips inched towards hers, she pushed him a little saying, "Mathur, koi aa jayega."

"Aane do."

He placed a soft kiss on her right eye-lid making her close her eyes.

"Di aajayegi"