S... for Sealed!

Chapter 17: S... for Sealed!

Arnav waited patiently leaning against his car. A year ago, if someone had told him that he would fall in love with the girl who had the potential of irritating him just by being lazy, he would have scoffed it off. Now, here he was, waiting for his would-be fiancée. Khushi would arrive any minute. Her final exams would be over today. He had planned to take her out on a celebratory lunch before she became so busy in the preparations of her own engagement, which was just three days away. His eyes searched for his girl amongst the swarm of students when he heard her voice from behind.

"Aww! My fiancé is here to surprise me." He turned around and found her flashing her dazzling smile. He returned her smile with one of his own.

"How was your exam?"

"Awesome! Finally it is over and I don't want to talk about it. I am very hungry. Can we please head for lunch?"

"Yes, ma'am."

She giggled and entered the car.

A year ago, even she would not have dreamt that she would step forward towards a career of her choice supported by none other than the person she had a crush on. It seemed only a few years ago that, he had returned to India all handsome and serious than ever. A chuckle escaped as she remembered how she used to irritate him. She has not stopped irritating him but yes, he has grown more accustomed to her ways.

"Care to share the joke?" Arnav asked taking a glance sideways at her.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about last year. I was working as an intern at RHF and you were bossing over me. But definitely there were some entertaining moments especially when NK is concerned. By the way, how is he? Is he still that snooty guy wanting to be the best?" She asked curiously.

"As if you don't know what he is up to. You know more of the office gossip. My P.A. is among the top ten numbers in your phone's contact list."

"Arrey, but I was busy with my exams. I am going to catch up with Sheena today. I have missed out on so many gossips."

Arnav smiled to himself as Khushi prattled on and on about the list of things she had to do now. The chatting continued as they had their lunch at Khushi's favourite restaurant. It was good to see her stress free after a month of tension filled exam days.

They were in the parking lot of the restaurant when Arnav's phone rang. Though Arnav had strictly avoided taking any business calls while he was with Khushi, the incessant ringing of his phone made him attend to it. However his attention was again diverted with Khushi's excited squeal.

"Oh my God! Arnav, I can't believe this." Khushi's face was full of excitement and surprise.

"I will call you back." Arnav muttered and disconnected the call. "What happened?" His eyes narrowed in confusion.

Khushi thrust her phone in his hand for him to have a look. The confusion in his eyes turned into pride.

"Now, this is indeed a great news!" He handed her phone back.

"I know right. I still cannot believe what I just saw. I got the job!" She exclaimed with happiness.

"Why can't you believe it? You have worked so hard for it. I am so proud of you" Arnav pulled her into a hug.

Still in his arms, Khushi looked into his eyes and said, "Thank you, Arnav. Thank you for everything. If it wasn't for you, I would not have found the courage to go for what I wanted."

Arnav cupped her face, a gentle smile playing on his lips. "I am sure you would have found out a way. You are good at what you do, Khushi and you just needed to realise it." A few moments of staring into each other's eyes and he said, "Now, before I start kissing you here in public, I better take you home so that you can announce the good news to everyone and I believe you have an engagement to prepare for."