T... for Twists!

Chapter 12: T... for Twists!

Twenty-Nine hours later,

Khushi flopped down on the chair to watch the final show. She was tired, fully exhausted, but she wasn't complaining. She was always up for more."Hey, so let's try the flying trapeze", someone would ask. "Yeah sure, it sounds fun." She would respond. Arnav had a difficult time controlling her. He had finally tamed the tigress and made her sit down to watch this show.

Arnav had decided to give the team a break after all the tiring hours they had spent to prepare for clinching the deal, and spend the weekend in Singapore before returning to India. The whole team had a wonderful day and no brownies for guessing that Khushi had been the show-stealer with her immense enthusiasm and crazy antics.

This show was held on the Siloso Beach. Soon loud beats could be heard and the water began dancing. Khushi was mesmerized. Her dreamy eyes were soaking and absorbing the enthralling stuff displayed. She needed to remember them, she decided. With every beat, the waves swayed, if that was even possible. A beautiful concept was weaved and everyone was intrigued. Who would not be? As the curtains were drawn marking the end, Khushi let out the breath she was holding.

"That was amazing. No wonder the show is called the Songs of the Sea. What a brilliant effort by the team! It was superb, right?" All she heard in reply was few grunts, few lifeless yes and few nods. Exhaustion was written all over their faces. "How about having an ice cream?" Her eyebrows rose in anticipation of the cold sweetness melting in her mouth. "Nope, Khushi. We are all tired and it is almost 10. We all have an early morning flight to catch", said one of them and the rest agreed.

"Fine, you all go ahead. I need to taste this New Zealand Ice-cream shop's specialty." Almost within seconds, they had all disappeared, making Khushi frown. "Such a spoilt-sport they are." She was muttering to herself when a warm breath tickled her ears, making her jump. "Are you going to have the ice-cream or stand here and wait for the shop to close?"

"Arnav? You are still here?"

He shrugged, indicating her to go inside and she complied. The flavour was chosen and soon Khushi was licking away her ice-cream. "You are going to have a sugarless one?"

He nodded while she continued to eat away her favourite dessert. "Your loss." He merely smirked at that. Ah! The smirk! Something was wrong, she thought. No, something sinister is going in his handsome head, she corrected herself.

In just three days, so many things had happened between them when Jalebi and Chilli were alone. First Khushi had dared Arnav to kiss her in a drunken state and then they had kissed him the next day and even called him a coward. Her well kept secret had been almost revealed. The conversation was a day old yet it was fresh in her mind.

~0~

Twenty Nine hours earlier,

Khushi slammed the door of her room and started chanting her mantra again. Her heart was beating so fast it seemed as if she had been running a marathon.

"Slow down, dear heart. Please do. Don't become hyper. You just kissed Arnav Singh Raizada. It was just a simple kiss, no big deal. Now smile...eee... That's the way. Right. Breathe in, now breathe out. Yeah inhale, now exhale."

She chanted the same lines over and over again to get her breathing to normal but failing miserably.

Twenty Eight hours earlier,

She had shut herself in her room for an hour and had somewhat normalized her pulse but NK had called her for another short meeting.

"Umm... Khushi. There is a meeting and your presence is required."