S... for Sudden Letter!

Chapter 16: S... for Sudden Letter!

Arnav took a deep breath before knocking the door. It was time to let his father know his decision. "Papa?" He asked. "Arnav, come in", Ajay replied. Arnav entered and took a seat opposite is father who sat on the other side of the table. Ajay observed his son who seemed to be trying to figure out how to broach the topic he had obviously come to say. "Did you want to discuss something, Beta?"

"Yes," Arnav began, "I wanted to discuss about my engagement with Khushi."

"What about it?" Ajay asked calmly. He was guessing that Arnav would soon bring this up. He might have said 'yes' to the engagement due to circumstances but Arnav was not a person to agree until he had his whole heart and mind in it.

"I would like to postpone the engagement."

"Okay... I believe you have thought about it well but may I know the reasons?" Ajay asked.

Arnav sighed knowing he had a lot of explaining to do. "First and the most important reason is both Khushi and I are quite new in the relation. We did not get along too well from the beginning but during her internship, circumstances changed a bit and we... uh... we kissed. But before we could figure out ourselves what we wanted from each other, the whole family came to know about it, I am still trying to figure out how and it became a whole different issue. We are currently trying to figure our relationship. So I think it is a bit early to get engaged. Also, Khushi has just figured out her career path and I would like her to focus on it more."

Ajay smiled listening to Arnav's rant and said, "Well, I cannot argue with you if you give such good reasons. I will have a talk with Shashi about this. I am glad that you care about Khushi enough to give her the time to figure out what she wants and guide and support her."

Arnav heaved a sigh of relief at his father's words. "Er... yeah. She is annoying and dramatic most of the time but she is growing on me I think."

"Ah, yes! She loves drama", Ajay chuckled. "Also, I think I should let you know how we found out about both of you."

~0~

A month later,

As promised by Ajay, the engagement of Arnav and Khushi had taken a backseat. Khushi had joined a vocational course and would be starting her classes soon. Presently, the living room of the Raizadas was bustling with teases, giggles and of course, food. Akash and Pari had returned from their honeymoon while Payal would leave for US in two days. The Guptas were invited for dinner. After all, Payal was no less than a daughter to them.

"So, Payal, can we expect that someone will impress you in US at least? Guys have failed to impress you here", Pari teased Payal.

"Meri baat chhodo Pari. You and Akash will be the first one to know if someone manages to grab my attention. Tum batao. When are we going to expect some good news?"

Manorama said, "Why are you teasing my bahu?"

"Mano Aunty, I am dying to be a bua you know." Payal winked at Akash. Pari blushed while the entire family giggled.

Khushi was enjoying her time. Yet, her eyes were looking for a certain Raizada.

"Ahem, Jise dhoondti hai tu har kahin,
Jo mila nahin tujhe hai kahin,
Tujhe jiske pyaar par ho yakeen,
Woh ladka hai yahan"

Avni sang the parody in Khushi's ears, loud enough for only Khushi to hear.

"Kya Avni?"

"Arnav Bhai is here, Khushi."