What We Want

Cracker

I should really tell my mom what we want in the future, but I'm constantly worried she wouldn't accept it or want it. Me and Aquaria may act immature at times but my mother seems to only see that side of us, and it is a barrier I cannot bring down unless I talk to her properly. My other mom loves the idea of us having a family though, which is quite ironic in a way, as she was the one who didn't want one herself.

It's the next day since we went out, I was panicking, I feared the worst; my mother may not want us to have a child, and considering I was the one who agreed to have it, her reaction may be worse than before. I sat on our sofa alone, Aquaria was upstairs getting changed and washing, my mother was in the kitchen and she agreed to talk to me after. It was nerve-racking.

"Cracker!" My mother sang and rushed through the door with a big smile, which was most likely going to be replaced with an angered frown in minutes time. She placed her glass of water down and sat next to me, turning to face me and holding her hands happily in her lap. "What is it you want to talk about?"

"Mom, me and Aquaria feel so close-" I stuttered, "A-And I feel like we have the ability to take another step." 

"You're--buying a new house together?" My mother looked at me, puzzled. I sighed and shook my head.

"I-I told you before but," I hugged my knees and prepared for her fury, "I want to have a child." I closed my eyes and bit my lip. The room was silent, but I heard her sigh lightly.

"My baby, listen-" She shuffled closer and held my waist, looking down at me with big dark sparkling eyes. "I dread that idea, but I love you, and if it's what will make you happy then," She inhaled and smiled weakly, "You can."

"Mom," I gasped and covered my mouth, "Oh thank you so much!" I huddled my nose into her chest and chuckled, squeezing her tightly. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too," She cupped my jaw and kissed my nose. "What names do you have in mind?"

"I dunno, I want to come up with a name with Aqua," I bit my tongue and giggled. She nodded and took a sip of her water, her fingers gently disconnecting with the underside of my face. "Me and Aquaria will discuss it later,"

"What would you like to do today?" My mother said so suddenly, she obviously wanted to change the subject, but I didn't oblige.

"I want to just have a day in, with Aquaria and you and other mom," I smiled and tapped my fingers on my thigh.

"Oh! Thorgy can play her violin! She said she always wanted to play it in front of-"

"BOBBIE!" We heard Thorgy scream from up the stairs. My mother groaned and sighed.

"What's wrong with other mom?" I asked confused. My mother shook her head with a smile.

"She must have heard me talking about the violin or she's just acting strange again-"

"BOBBIE!" She yelled again and this time her thundering stomps rushed down the stairway. "I heard you talking about violin! Perhaps I could-"

"Thorgy, if you continue to scream and yell I will not give you a chance at all!" My mother crossed her arms and her pretty face was plastered with genuine irritation. Thorgy scrunched her nose and huffed, looking at the carpet.

"Oh its always about you! I never get a chance to do what I want! It's always the Bob show! Let me give the kids a taste of my life! What I enjoy!"

"What are you talking about!?" My mother puffed and I cut in instantly. I couldn't bare another fight.

"Stop! Please stop fighting, I don't like it!" I looked meekly around at my parents' faces, Thorgy frowned and sighed.