Host Of Life

(Im shocked she looks just like she does now in this picture!)

Aquaria

I huffed out a nervous breath and ran a hand through my shoulder-length hair; Miz scared me when we went out to the mall only around four hours ago, it happened so fast and I was in too much panic to take out my phone right away. Miz is in the other room lying in a hospital bed, she is okay and safe, and that's all I cared about right now. Bob was in there with her and Thorgy sat opposite me, the look of nerve evident, but it couldn't come close to my nerves; things can go wrong and it was a roll of a dice with the creation of new life.

"You look more terrified than worried," Thorgy cut the silence. I nodded and exhaled sharply.

"I'm so used to bad things happening that I just keep thinking of all the ways it could go wrong." 

"Nothing will go wrong, she's healthy and incredibly strong." Thorgy smiled but I had no reason too just yet.

"But anything can happen I-"

"Aquaria, the doner and Miz were tested, there's nothing to fear." She decided to stand up and sit in the chair next to me, placing an arm around my shoulder. I accepted her attempt to comfort me, and I simply stared with a pounding heart at the leaflets nailed to the boards opposite us on the wall. It was all about diseases and anything that wasn't related to babies, which surprisingly didn't help. "Just think of the happy life you will be having together, and how me and Bobbie will be grandmas! Oh I can't wait for that! I love babies!" 

"I don't," I muttered but smiled and scoffed. "But if it's my baby then I do too, so I suppose I agree."

"You should be excited, you made a right choice." 

"Yeah, I did." My lips curled into a smile and time seemed to have flown way too fast; a nurse opened the door and shocked me back into reality. I could sense panic from inside her.

"She's going into labour now, but she is very excited more than anything." Her words contradicted her nervous tone, I gasped, feeling Thorgy's long arms hold my shoulders and keep me steady and calm. "It would be best for you to go in there with her,"

"Duh!" I huffed and pulled on my hair, standing to my shaking feet, my knees buckling. My mind was overcome with a fearful joy, some sort of excitement, but I was not looking forward to the pain Cracker will be in within a few minutes. I took deep breaths and walked in, immediately getting myself planted by her side and taking her hand in mine. She squeezed my hand and cried out. Bob crouched by her other side and held her hand too, we both acted as pain receivers for her. She gasped for breath second after second and I grew scared, but as long as she breathed and did as the nurses and doctors asked it was gonna be okay for us.

"Breathe!" Bobbie sternly reassured her, and I nodded to myself.

"It's okay Cracker-" I bit my lip and she yelled, but her breathing was steady; she was okay and nothing was going wrong. The doctor and nurses were swallowed in concentration but I was focused on Miz and how she handled this. She wouldn't stop screaming and panting, it was scary, and I phased out for a second, but I had to stay out of my head. My hand was squeezed tightly and it hurt like a hydraulic press was crushing my bones, but I'd do anything for her. Her face was dripping and tinted a mix between being pale or red, I couldn't focus. I could feel her pulse beating through me, and it was like a machine gun, even the sound itself deafened my ears. "You can do it, I'm here." I smiled and she did too, but it was followed by another scream. It seemed to have gone on forever like time passed slower inside hospitals, I just had to have her breathing, it was all about breathing and being strong, which she definitely was. Miz let out a gasp and my hand was relieved of the painful pressure; the nurses rushed over and assisted the doctor. My heart was in my neck. There was no crying, but I could only focus on Miz at the moment, she was streaming with tears herself, and she tried to catch up with her heavy deep breaths. I looked at Bobbie, whose face was expressionless, but her hand was still tightly locked with Cracker's, her knuckles white. The doctor was muttering to the nurses, but I couldn't hear, my eyes were throbbing and my mouth lifted into a smile. Miz closed her eyes and flipped her head back, her body now slowly settling. I kissed her cheek and kept my lips connected with her skin, taking in her scent; the doctor straightened his back and in his arms was a small form wrapped in a blanket, but it was taken away to be washed up. I smiled and beamed at Bobbie who did so too.

"Why isn't it crying?" Miz asked with worry. I swallowed and held her hand tighter; this was the first time I wanted to hear a baby cry.

"It's okay, the doctor would have said-" I was halted by a nurse tapping my shoulder, making me turn around with expectant eyes.

"Congratulations," She smiled and I blinked in confusion. "You have a baby girl." 

"Why isn't she crying?" I asked quickly. She frowned and opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated.

"W-We don't know, but she is healthy and is moving! This has happened in some cases but-" She stopped and the sound of a cry could be heard, a high pitched but annoying cry. It made me smile, however, even though it was an ear piercing scream. I covered my face and pushed my nose into Miz's shoulder, trying to hold back my emotional tears. "Well, I suppose I was wrong! Your other parent outside shall come in later, as she says she wants to see the baby after." 

" okay," I smiled weakly.

"Aqua-" Miz whispered to me with a grin. I nodded and saw in the corner of my eye the doctor walk over to us, holding the tiny body in his hands. She was crying but was placed in Miz's arms, which silenced the baby and made Miz burst into tears. Bob stared astonished but full of joy, as did I.

"She has your face!" Bob squealed and pet the small cheek. I shuffled closer and kissed Miz's cheek.

"If she cries it's all on you-" I whispered, earning a little shaken giggle.

"Well you're feeding her!" Miz smirked and I rolled my eyes, my grin never leaving my face.

"Deal," I pecked her nose and held her close.

"What shall we name her? We haven't really properly decided." Miz spoke softly, staring at our child's cute face, Bob's hand still caressing her cheek.

"Something that relates to your name," I grinned and she nodded.

"Well, I'm Cracker, so-" She droned on and the baby shuffled in her blankets, melting my heart which distracted me from actually thinking of a name, I smiled and brushed my fringe. She peeped and lifted a small arm, an open hand reaching for Miz's heartfelt face. "Cookie-" She whispered and held her little hand delicately. Bobbie chuckled, cutting in subtly.

"Cookie! That's a cute name! It works so well with her little face!" Bob cheered quietly. I nodded and Miz's eyes sparkled.

"It's perfect! Cookie! Miz Cookie?" She blinked and her cheeks flamed a rose-tinted blush of joy. I nodded again, with extreme enthusiasm; the name was perfect. 

"She's so pretty, just like you." I chuckled. "Can I hold her?" I slowly inched my hand close to her little face, smiling and wiping my eyes with my shoulder.

"Of course, you're the dad!" She snickered and I giggled at her remark, taking gentle hold of Cookie, pulling her close to me. She squirmed but settled, making little peeps.

"I'm a mom," I kissed her head and took a deep breath of bliss.

"I'm a grandmother!" Bob gasped and fanned herself, obviously tearing up. Miz strongly lifted herself to sit up further, her eyes glittering a mix of blue and pink. I smiled harder and allowed myself to cry, admiring the little form in my own arms.