Incomplete

Aquaria

It was only just then I finally heard that song--the tune, the words-- it was the song Bobbie and  Miz sing all the time. The lullaby was muffled and there were only a few souls inside the building.

"No one can see us here," She spoke bluntly and I hugged myself, scanning the area, when my eyes met a dark woman with long braided hair and a leather jacket sitting on a bench. It was Bobbie. She has been crying, and she sat outside the building with her head in her hands, I never thought it was like this- "you can hear her," Sharon cut me off in thought, and I glared.

"What?"

"Cracker, you can hear her crying just in that alleyway."

I gasped and my heart broke into pieces, more pieces than it was already in; it grasped Bobbie's attention, she stood up and adjusted her bag, before walking sadly over to the big brick arch and stepping into darkness, her form was swallowed by the shadows almost instantly. I felt my hand being grabbed and Sharon pulled me along onto the sidewalk, making us both follow her.

The darkness thickened and so did the air, the screams of a baby grew louder and finally, I was able to see Bobbie standing still, in utter shock.

"Oh God-" she gasped in a high pitched voice and crouched down, the look of horror drowned her tearstained face. I felt my lip quiver and my body move forwards; I was walking up to them. "You poor thing, it's okay, Mommy's got you," Her soft voice was hauntingly beautiful, and it made baby Cracker stop crying almost instantly, and was left whimpering in her arms. I stepped closer and I finally saw her, my stomach wrenched. "Shh-" Bobbie rocked her small form, the tune and her voice haunted the alleyway and it was like a lulling cradlesong. I reached out slowly to grab one of her little hands and I did successfully. It was so soft, and I didn't dare touch any more firmly or with force. I stifled a sob and thought about how afraid she is, how confused she is, how undeserving of this pain she is. She looked like an angel-- Sharon was right only about one thing. Cracker is always an angel.

"Miz-" I whispered and hot tears fell freely, soothing the biting cold. Cracker had no clothes to keep her from the cold here, and there was nothing I could do.

"You see now, there is so much more." Sharon disturbed my serene moment. Bobbie looked around and held her tighter and closer, protecting her from the cruel world that left her here. I hesitated to let her little hand go, but I had to; Bobbie placed her back into the box and took off her jacket, she wrapped her up snug and warm and a smile appeared on Bobbie's cheeks.

"It's okay baby, you're safe now, you're coming home," She pet Miz's little cheeks and picked up the box and I stepped back, allowing her to walk off further into the distant nothing.

"Miz-" I squeaked out and bit my lip, trying to hold back sobs. "What else are you planning on showing me?" I stiffly glared at the darkened white orbicular eyes of my 'mother'.

"Nothing else, just over there-" She pointed behind us, across the road, a woman stood next to a lamppost with a cigarette. She was blonde and wore scrappy clothes-

It can't be

"Cracker's mother watched her own child get taken away, she saw Miz as dirt,"

"Your point?" I stiffened my stance; my fists tightened and I almost made my palms bleed.

"I killed her."

"Y-you-?"

"I took her back to my place and I killed her, I tore out her stomach and the womb in which she made her." Sharon's white eyes sparkled and I had no true reaction.