Chapter 9

It has been a year and I have applied for college. Yes, I've finished my last highschool years, but I finished those in a matter of 6 months. Pretty good, right? I am so tired right now. I have spent the last 24 hours appyling for two colleges. Only two!! I think I am going to try and become a physical therapist. That or a psychiatrist. (A.N one of those is what I want to be. Leave a comment on what you think it is. :D) I better decide quickly. I applied for NYU and Fordham University. Granted I have to keep working in order to have enough financial stability. I still live in the same small appartment. I love it so much. I have to wait about two weeks until I get either accepted or regected. I hope I'm accepted into at least one. I mean that would be sad if I couldn't get into a college. Like seriously.
I remembered my name!! I'm so happy!! I also remember my dad! Man, Dad must have been pretty upset when he saw the look on my face when I saw him. I mean I was so confused as to who he was. I also remember Asgard!! It is so beautiful!! I remember how soft the grass was right after the gardeners watered it. I would run barefoot and wear pants, and my father would come chasing after me with a scowling face. Clearly he was mad that I wasn't wearing a "pretty dress". Although, I was only 7 at the time. He would then slip and I would burst out laughing and come over to him and look at his scrunched up face. He would groan making me think he was really hurt, and a pained expression would come over my face. I would wask in my small voice, "Are you okay, Daddy?" He would then reach his arms up and bring me down to him. He would start tickling me then. I would cry of laughter even though I would be so mad at him or tricking me. I would get off of him and would stomp away with a huge frown. He would run up to me and have a confused and sorry expression written all over his face. I would always think of how he could read anyone's mind, but when it came to if I was sad he would be decieved so easily. I make a huge grin and his confused look changes into that of shock and he would say, "How could you?" I would always relpy with, "I only learned from the best!" We would then both burst out in laughter.
I remember Uncle Thor would come over and be so confused every time. Maybe he was just putting on a show, but I had always belived him. He gave such a believable face that I could never see if he was lying. That was until Dad started teaching me how to control my magic. I know that when I was at Hydra I could've remembered how to use my powers, but I just couldn't rmember how.
The one thing I struggle with most at the moment is the nightmares. I don't have anyone to help me with them. Sometimes I wake up from the nightmare, but when I look around I am still in the nightmare until I blink a few times. I still am too afraid to use my powers. Especially the electrical ones. One time I woke up in the hallway outside my appartment. Thing is, my appartment door was locked and my key wasn't in my hand, or my pockets. I'm glad I know how to pick locks.
It's 8 pm right now and I am ordering Chinese. *Ding* Yes! I love food, but who doesn't? I rush to the door and open it to see: the lanlord? "What can I do for you, Mr. Jayden?" He insists that we call him by his first name, and Mr. Jayden is what I have resorted to.
"Here is you Chinese." He replied bluntly, handing me the bag to Chinese. Huh? Usually the guy comes up to deliver the food. I take the food from him, thanking him, and walk back into my appartment.
Thor"s POV
I'm letting Loki stay in the palace for a while until he gets back on his feet. Father doesn't agree with it, but he is still my brother. He has asked Heimdall so many times this past year where Layla is, but as many times as Loki is told he does not find her. He is the God of Mischief! How has he not found her yet? Perhaps he is not trying? No, that would not be Loki.
I shall visit her today!
Layla's POV
I am sitting on my bed currently eating my Chinese and playing games on my phone. "YES!!" I shout with a noodle hanging from my bottom lip. *Knock Knock* "Coming!" I yell to the person outside the door. I open the door to a man pushing me out of the way. "Oof!" I groan as I am pushed against the wall. I feel the pressure lessen and I close the door. I turn to look at the person who shoved me against the wall, "Excuse me, bu- Uncle Thor!!" I shout as my eyes widen in disbelief. He looks at me just as stuned.
"I did not think, in all the nine realms, that you would remeber me!" He muttered to himself. I stand there shocked for about a second then go running and jumping on him; giving him a hug. "I missed you." He said into my hair as he wrapped his big arms around me. I cannot believe he is here!
"Does Dad know you are here?" I ask hoping he is here too. I watch as his joy filled eyes start to slowly fill with sadness as he shakes his head no. "Oh." I mutter sadly. He changed the conversation then. I am glad he did.
"So, how old are you now?"
"19."
"I feel so old." He mumbled.
"Why?"
"Oh, did you ever know that my brother Loki and his wife had you when he was about 1200 years old?"
"What?!" I shouted in disbelief.

~A.N. So, I personally love the last part. We are back to Layla's POV!!!! Yay!! Comment what you would like to see next. Do you think Loki just doesn't care anymore, or is he going to find her? Comment what you think. Until next update. Love ya! <3