Chapter 1- After the Reception

Everyone began to trickle out in their associated groups, piling themselves into black limousines, and yellow cabs, kicking off their heels as they went. Mike, Harvey, Donna and Rachel were sat around a small coffee table, empty wine glasses were perched on top Rachel's chosen tablecloth, as well as an empty plate and some more vacant tumbler glasses. Reminiscing from the day they all met each other, they were all giggling, most of them weren't too drunk, but none of them terribly sober. The newlyweds couldn't help but notice the flirtatious manner Harvey had adopted towards Donna, but weren't exactly surprised, since he was completely hammered, the only one. He had upped his pace after Mike told him about the move to Seattle next week.

"Well, what a beautiful day it has been... I... Am going... Back home." Harvey slurred as he stood up, holding Donna's chair to steady himself. They looked up at him, sniggering like teenagers. Donna shook her head as if to stop herself from doing the inevitable.

"Hey, you're not going on your own, look at the state of you." She observed his lean body slumping as he stood.

"Well, I haven't exactly got anyone to take me home have I?"

"Look, I'll get in the cab with you and see you home." Donna got up, picking up her small clutch as she went. Her and Harvey hugged the happily married couple and said their goodbyes.

"Call me when you get settled in, I want to hear all about your new life!"

"Of course, Donna, I don't know what I'm going to do without you." Rachel hugged her tight, her eyes glistening. A tear slipped down Rachel's cheek as she was overwhelmed with all the emotions of the day. Everything was happening all at once, and this was her moment of realisation. She's not going to see Donna every day, but she's going to be starting a life with Mike.

"Hey, you'll be the best goddamn lawyers Seattle has ever seen. Anyone employed in that firm doesn't know how lucky they are." Harvey looked up at them, suddenly they looked so young, and so magical. It was the first thing he'd said the whole night that wasn't slurred.

"You bet!" Mike squeezed Rachel's small hand, rubbing the back with his thumb. He was so excited to do this. He couldn't wait to start their own little adventure in Washington. They completed their last goodbyes and Mike and Rachel were left alone, on their wedding night, in a reception room.

"Rach, I reckon we get off too, go home, for one last time?" Mike still hung on to her precious hands, he pulled them up close, and kissed her knuckles gently.

"Well, my husband, my beautiful, intelligent husband, I think that is the best thing I've heard all night." Rachel pulled her hands away, and looked into Mike's bluey eyes, and kissed him as his wife.

"Ooookay," Mike pulled away reluctantly, "Let's get home." He grabbed her tiny wrists and started to run towards the door, pulling her behind him. They jumped into the first cab they could and couldn't wait to get home.

Mike opened the door to their apartment, and Rachel beat him in. He followed her in and kicked off his shoes by the rack. Rachel had already been into the bedroom after he had checked his phone, and she was wearing her silk nighty, and her long, ankle length, ivory cardigan. Her make-up was removed, and her freckles were prominent over her face. Mike soaked in her beauty as she slumped onto the sofa next to him. God, she was so beautiful, how did he get this lucky? Her and her brilliant mind, how? Rachel fell into Mike's chest, resting her head underneath his chin, she fit like a puzzle piece. She snuggled herself in and he kissed her head, wrapping his arms tightly around her small frame. They looked into each other's eyes, a gaze of eternal love, a gaze of marriage, but also, a gaze of lust.

Rachel dotted kisses onto Mike's neck, as she pulled herself up, their lips united and they weren't going to part. Mike placed his hand onto Rachel's bare, lower back, and rubbed it gently. In one swift move, not parting from lips, Mike picked up his wife and took her into their bedroom. He led her on the bed and joined her. Rachel let a small giggle leave her mouth as Mike proceeded to kiss her gently.

That night, both of them didn't get more than an hour of sleep, but neither of them seemed to care. However, when they woke up, cuddled up in the duvet together, they wanted to stay there forever. Forgetting that they had to pack their place up all ready for the flight in two days. Mike awoke first and drank the view of his beautiful wife as she began to stir. Her eyes fluttered open and she rubbed them firmly. Mike kissed her without hesitation.

"What was that for?" Rachel whispered into Mike's ear. She didn't object.

"That was for yesterday, for last night, for marrying me," He kissed her again, "And that, was for getting out of bed, showering, and packing this whole place up with me!"

"Oh, I see, what about something to eat, you need it." Rachel teased.

"You made me need it." Mike said playing with her dark hair and caressing her freckly cheeks in awe.

"You're welcome." She joked as she pulled herself out of bed taking Mike with her. "Come on, we've got a lot to do."