Chapter 25 - A Little Less Conversation

Silence spread between them as they sat in the back of the cab fidgeting in their seats.

Tom reached for her hand and brought it to his lips, kissed the flesh of her palm, and then her knuckles, one by one by one.

Aïcha grew warmer with each touch and kiss. She stirred and pressed her knees together, the anticipation tingling through her body, all the way down to her toes. The world around her became irrelevant. No worrying about yesterday or tomorrow. All that mattered was this night.

The cab pulled up outside the hotel. Tom, not letting go of Aïcha's hand, led them straight to the elevator. He pressed the button for the last floor. The door almost closed when a hand reached in and stopped it from closing. A young and clearly drunk twenty-something pushed his lady friend onto the elevator and caged her against the wall. They kissed and panted heavily, oblivious to an amused Tom and Aïcha sharing the same narrow space.

The elevator doors opened just as he started to put his hand deep into her pants and Tom pulled a giggly Aïcha out of there, no longer able to contain her laughter.  

He returned the grin as they continued down the hallway, the carpet muffling the sound of their steps.

Once they stepped into his room, Aïcha slowly made her way to the floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the Opéra Garnier, fully lit in all its glory. She was mesmerised by its beauty as she had never seen the building from above.

Tom found a bottle of Perrier in the mini bar and poured her a glass while he helped himself to a glass of single malt. He took a healthy swig that burned down his throat and all the way down to the pit of his stomach. He needed the courage, confused by the unexpected physical distance she created between them.

"So... Aïcha?"

"Yes?" she answered without turning around, still standing by the window. Her voice sounded like a whisper.

Tom stepped closer, shedding his jacket on the nearest chair. He was standing near enough that he could see their reflection in the window. "I just wanted to make sure that you're okay. We don't need to do anything you don't want to, and ..."

She slowly turned around, interrupting him, a teasing smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "Tom? A little less conversation please."

He shook his head, biting his bottom lip to keep from grinning. He definitely loved Parisian Aïcha. He took another step closer, his blue eyes not leaving hers.

She met him halfway, her heart pounding, her fingers tingling. She stood close enough that she could feel his body heat radiating off of him. Her lips hovered over his ear. "Please, unzip me."

"I thought you'd never ask," he answered softly, his warm breath caressing her neck.

He turned her around, fingering the zipper on the side of her dress. His lips pressed to the side of her neck. She shifted against him, her head tipping back lightly and she felt, in the small of her back, that he was ready for her.

Aïcha bit her lip, surprised by her own audacity. She thought she would have to overcome a huge mental hurdle before being able to act like this. But she just peaked over it. She still felt, however, a little apprehensive and Tom's proximity did nothing to soothe her nerves.

Tom slowly unzipped her dress all the way down her back, feeling the warmth of her skin underneath. She eased her arms out of it and the loosened fabric falling to the floor. 

There, stepping out of her shoes, she stood in nothing but a pair of black lace panties.

He turned her around to face her. His gaze fell to her breasts, then down to her hips and thighs before dragging it back to her eyes - the sheer heat in his eyes making her mouth go dry.

"You have no idea how beautiful you are Aïcha."

She blushed again, and this time, he could see the blush colouring her face, neck and chest.

Tom took a step forward, and then another, guiding her back until her legs bumped against the bed. "Lie down," he said.

"Not yet," she said back, her eyes not leaving his. "Don't move."

Her fingers reached the buttons of his shirt and she kissed each and every exposed part of his toned chest as she undid, painstakingly slowly, each and every one of the buttons. 

Aïcha smiled as his nipples hardened under her lips. Tom closed his eyes and tipped his head back, sinking his fingers into her silky hair.

After what seemed to him an eternity, she finally managed to take off his shirt, tossing it to the side. Her hands moved to his belt buckle and he couldn't hold himself any longer. Taking her hand in his, he pushed her gently, but firmly on the bed.

Tom was taken aback by how beautiful she looked, lying there, cheeks flushed, her auburn hair sprawled on the pillow. He unfastened his own belt and let his pants fall to the floor. His shoes and socks followed suit.

Aïcha drew in a breath as he hovered over her in his deep blue boxer shorts, supporting his weight on his arms. She relished the physical intimacy, his toned, lean, muscular body towering over her in the glowing lights of the Opéra Garnier creeping through the window.

Shuddering, she grabbed at the cold bed sheets as his hand pressed gently on her stomach, his eyes burning with desire.

"You drive me crazy. You know that, right?"

She didn't answer but she could have said so herself. Instead, she ran her hands up and down his back, learning his shape, as his mouth kissed and explored her body, learning her curves.

His mouth found hers again and his tongue teased inside her mouth. Deliberately. Urgently. Telling her all he longed to do to her.

She moaned as every nerve ending exploded to life, stirring a yearning in her - one she forgot she still had. It had been such a long time since she had felt this vulnerable between a man's hands. She was desperate for more of him, desperate to feel every inch of him.

Panting heavily, he released himself from her hold sitting back on his heels. Running his hands through his tousled hair, he spoke with urgency in his voice, "I want you to say it."

Confused, she looked at him, unconsciously covering herself with her hands. "What do you want me to say?"

"I want you to say that you want me. I want to hear you say it."

Her cheeks flushed again. I want you too, Tom. So damn much. Aïcha pushed on her elbows and sat cross-legged on the bed facing him. "Je te veux, Tom."

That was all he needed to know.

Keeping his eyes locked on her, he reached for his pants on the floor to retrieve his wallet. He pulled out a condom and set both aside on the nightstand.

He wanted their first time to be memorable, for all the right reasons.