Chapter Two

2 August 2004

Jaden couldn’t sleep.

I need you, Mummy and Daddy! I miss you!

His parents were going to meet Aunt Isabella and Uncle Sam the next morning. Unfortunately, Jaden came down with a flu that day. Thus, Emily had sent him to his babysitter’s house to stay for a few days. It had been 2 hours without his mum or his dad with him. Jaden broke down and cried. “Mum…my! Dad…dy…” He kept repeating the words and soon he fell into a deep slumber.

“Let’s go, honey! We’re going to be late!” Mason shouted for his wife.

“Alright, alright, geez, will it kill you to be more patient?” Emily replied, putting her blush on hurriedly.

“Well, will it kill you to wear less makeup? You look beautiful with or without makeup, darling,” Mason put his arm around her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Emily giggled. “Oh stop it! Go to the car, will you?”

“Yes, your highness!” With a cheeky smile on his face, he opened the door and they got into the car.

Then, Mason set off to his brother’s, Sam’s house.

The Blue family was very rich. Mason Blue was the boss of a very huge phone company, Pear Inc. Pear phones were sold faster than any other phones. Hence, the Blues were billionaires. Despite being a businessman, Mason was a devoted father and husband. He cancelled his meetings on the weekends to spend time with his family. To him, his family is his life. Being humble, he purchased a normal Toyota car and a simple, plain house. Unlike other billionaires, he did not have servants, chauffeurs or anything fanciful. He rather live his life the old fashioned way.

Along the way, they sang songs on the radio and watched the sun rise. They had woken up early to avoid traffic as they need to get to Uncle Sam’s by noon. Uncle Sam’s house was quite far away.

Mason looked into the side mirror. “That’s strange,”

Surprised, Emily asked, “What?”

“A car has been following us, from our house until now.”

“WHAT? Why? Should we call the police?”

“I don’t think so, Em. We may be just overreacting.”

“Uhm, okay, if you say so.”

BOOM!

The car swerved to the right.

“MASON! WHAT IS GOING ON? BRAKE THE CAR!!”

“I’M TRYING BUT IT DOESN’T SEEM TO WORK!”

“LOOK OUT! THERE’S A TREE IN FRONT OF US! AHHHHHH….”

They both screamed like there’s no tomorrow.

CRASH!

And that was their last conversation.

There is no tomorrow.

*****

3 August 2004

“AHHHHHH!” Jaden woke up, screaming.

It was a bad dream… I hate bad dreams, they make me scared.

Jaden sat up and wiped off the sweat of his forehead as he looked at the clock on the wall.

8.30 a.m.

The dream seemed so real… Someone made a hole in the car’s wheel. I saw it.

Just then, the door was busted open.

The babysitter was crying, her cheeks were red and puffy. Her legs were trembling as she sat next to Jaden, hugging him tightly.

“What is it, Aunt Lisa? Why are you crying?”

“J-Jaden, your mum*sobs* and your dad… went to *sobs* a safe… place… in the sky. They can’t come back anymore.”

Jaden hugged her back. Even though, he was only five, he understood what she meant.

His parents were dead, just like his dream…

Jaden’s heart had broken into a million pieces. His world had collapsed. He broke down in tears and wailed for his parents to come home for him, to bring him to Disneyland again.

But they never did.

An hour later, the social services to look for Jaden. Lisa was close to Emily and thus seeing Jaden reminded her of her friend. She claimed that she was unable to raise Jaden up and thus, the social services decided to send him to his nearest relatives – Isabella and Sam. Jaden did not remember much about his aunt and uncle. However, he had heard that they were very nice and friendly. Anyway, Isabella needs a few days to prepare for Jaden’s arrival so in the meantime, he had to stay with the social services.

So far, no one had told him how his parents died. Every time he asked the people in the social services, they always replied the same thing. “I shouldn’t tell you, you’re too young.”

Jaden was bummed.  He was curious and hoped it wasn’t like his dream.

However, his hope was destroyed.

Author's Note: Hey guys! Are you enjoying it so far? Comment down below! Thanks for reading! Vote too!