Chapter Eleven

After a long period of time, they finally landed in the UK. Jaden had seen UK on television before and he was glad that we was right there, at that moment.

Just then, an announcement was made. "Thank you for flying with us. Enjoy your stay!"

The passengers got up and collected their suitcases and walked to the exit. Jaden got up with Kate. He accidentally knocked over Kate's jacket which landed on the floor.

"I'm so sorry," Jaden apologised and bent down to the take her jacket, at the same time with Kate.

Their hands touched and they stared into each other's eyes. Jaden's heart was thumping wildly as they remained in their positions for a few seconds.

"Jaden, Kate, let's go!" Agent Vega called out, interrupting their moment.

Kate blushed as she grabbed her jacket and stood up. Jaden grunted under his breath as he took his suitcase and followed the rest out of the plane.

*****

"Woo-hoo! We're in UK!" David exclaimed excitedly.

They were standing the the taxi stand outside the airport. There were many people at the taxi stand but they were now first in line.

Kate wandered around the taxi stand aimlessly. She took in the scenery in front of her. Families going in and out of the airport, business men on their phones, holding their suitcases. While she, a teenager who was supposed to have a normal life, was on a secret mission. Yay.

Just then, Kate halted and move forward slowly. She squinted her eyes at the man far away from her, who was staring at Kate.

"Kate? The taxi's here!" Dave hollered at her, but Kate shushed him and continued walking towards the man. She was getting closer to the man but the he started to move back slowly, ready to sprint. 

"KATE!" Dave shouted at her again. Just as Kate turned around to silence Dave, the man ran away at lightning speed. Grunting under her breath, she chased after him.

"Hey, wait up!" Dave ran after Kate with Jaden and Agent Vega following him, not knowing what was going on.

Kate was a fast runner and she was glad that she was. She won the Nationals for running for two years consecutively. Running is her passion and she loves how she could relieve stress by running. She was so close to the man but he ran even faster. 

Damn, he's good...

They ran into an alley. Dead end for the man. With nowhere else to go, he moved backwards slowly with Kate approaching him. He reached for his back pocket and took out, of course, a gun.

Kate stopped dead in her tracks. "Now, hands up where I can see 'em! I'm not afraid to shoot a puny little girl, I can tell you that!" The man clutched the gun tightly.

Kate had no choice but to do as she told. She raised her hands up slowly.

The man walked towards her, with an evil grin on his face. He stood in front of her. He pointed his gun at her forehead. Kate glared at him. "Throw all your gadgets into that bin over there."

Kate did that too and he followed her closely. As soon as she finished that, she felt a sharp pain on the back of her head.

Darkness has consumed her completely.

*****

David lost track of Kate as soon as she ran off. Agent Vega, David and Jaden had searched for her everywhere. No sign of her. 

Agent Vega swore. "Why would she chase the man? She may be in trouble, for god's sake!"

"Well, that's Kate for you," David sighed, kicking a pebble on the floor.

Jaden was worried. A thousand of thoughts were in his mind. 

What if Kate was killed? What if Kate was just playing with us?

He was panicking, and he hoped for the latter.

Please be safe, Kate. I need you.

At that moment, Agent Vega's phone rang. He answered the call. "Hello?"

A man spoke to him. His expression had changed. He was serious now.

After a minute, the man hung up on him. "Hello? Wait! No!"

He swore again. Jaden noticed that it's his thing.

What Agent Vega said next sent shivers down his spine.

"Kate's in trouble."

*****

Author's Note: Hey! Surprise! A short chapter this time :P Please vote and comment omg. It'll mean a lot. Like A LOT. hehe. See you guys next time!