Chapter Five

3 August 2014

“Hey Mum, hey Dad, it’s Jaden. I’ve celebrated my birthday with Wayne again. I’m 15 now, can you believe it? It is your anniversary today and I’ve bought some flowers for both of you. In recent news, Uncle Sam and Aunt Isabella had divorced 6 months ago. Uncle Sam cheated on Aunt Isabella. Thus, she had become depressed and decided to drink her life away. However, she continued to abuse me, even after 10 years. Wayne had wanted to call the social services but I persuaded him not to. I don’t want to be staying in a stranger’s house, it’s weird. I’ve gotten used to the abuse and it’s alright. So now, Aunt Isabella had half of your money while Uncle Sam had the other half. In school, I’m still the shy mute boy. I just don’t wanna talk to them. I don’t feel the need to. Call me names all they want. Wayne said that I should try opening up but I’ve given up 10 years ago. I can survive alone. No worries. I should be going now, Mum and Dad, Goodbye,” Jaden put the flowers on their graves and left the cemetery.

Jaden had become a very smart boy and he had grown up to 5 ft 10 in. He wasn’t the school heart throb but he wasn’t the worst loser either. He was somewhere below average as he didn’t talk much. He was labelled as “Mute”, “Weirdo” and “Nerdy”. But what hurt him the most was “Orphan”. It made him think back to the day when his parents passed away.

I killed them. I killed my parents.

No words could express his agony. He had dead parents and he had to bear with his aunt for 10 years, it was worse before the divorce. Isabella and Sam vented their anger on Jaden, even though he was innocent. As a result, every now and then, Jaden suffered from panic attacks. He would have difficulty breathing and his lungs would burn as if there was fire in his chest.  

He remembered that day when he almost died.

“HEY KID! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!” Isabella lashed out at Jaden.

“Tak…ing…food,” Jaden said in a soft whisper as he dropped a biscuit onto the floor. He was starving. He knew that he would die out of starvation if he didn’t get any food. He regretted it big time.

Chills went down his spine as Isabella stormed towards him. He could feel his sweat rolling down on the side of the forehead. He stood rooted to the ground. He wanted to run away but his legs did not obey him.

She dragged Jaden to his room and pushed him onto the bed frame. Jaden knew what was going to happen. It was one of the worst punishments ever.

Isabella tied Jaden down to the bed frame swiftly and forcefully. The ropes were tied so tight that it cut into his flesh and he can’t even move a millimetre.

“PLEASE DON’T! PLEASE, AUNT ISABELLA! I’M SORRY!”

“I should teach you a lesson on stealing, you little thief. You are only 10, what happens if you become a thief next time, huh?”

As she said that, she pulled out her black, long and thin whip from under the bed frame.

“I’M SORRY AUNT ISABELLA! PLEASE DON’T!!!”

Jaden was crying his heart out, he was traumatised from this punishment before, and he did not need a second time.

“It’s too late, sweetie.”

“AHHHHHHHHH! STOPPPPP!!!” Isabella swung her whip onto his ribs with all her might. Blood was seeping through his shirt.

“SHUT UP BOY, YOU DESERVE IT! I DON’T WANNA HEAR ANYMORE OF YOUR CRYS! IT’S ANNOYING!” She shoved a sock into his mouth.

Tears streamed down the poor nine-year-old face. He was helpless. He gave up and allowed Isabella to beat him to death.

“MMMPHHHH!!!” Isabella hit a little harder. Pain rushed through his entire body as more blood oozed out.

Just as Isabella was going to hit Jaden, the doorbell rang.

“Just a minute!” Isabella changed from a violent maniac to a cheerful human.

Isabella quickly hid her whip and pushed down a button on the bed frame. The bed frame, turned over with Jaden still bounded to it. He was then hanging from the bed frame in the dark, underneath the floor. The red sticky goo was dripping down as Jaden was struggling to stay conscious.

He tried to hear the conversation at the door.

“…at camping. He’s not around,” A sweet cheery voice – Isabella, faking her attitude.

The other voice was a little muffled.

“….by the Social Services. I’ll come again some other day, Goodbye,”

The door slammed.

He heard the sound of his aunt’s high heels.

He felt himself lying on the bed frame again. The light of the room blinded him for a moment.

He saw his aunt’s face, she was red with fury.

“I’ll let you off, this time,” Isabella released him and took out his gag.

“Here are some bandages, I can’t afford to give you a funeral. No dinner for you, as if I’m gonna give you one anyway.” And with that, she left the room and locked it.

Jaden sobbed and shivered in fear. He went to a corner and tried to wrap himself up as best as he could.

I want you, Mummy and Daddy.

Author's Note: Hey guys! If you like this story, please vote or comment! By the way, at some point of the story, I will stop putting the dates because it will not matter anymore.