Chapter Ten

Jaden quickly hid behind David.

David turned around to face Jaden. "Why are you hiding behind me?"

Jaden whispered, "My uncle is right in front of you."

David looked at the man in front of him and gasped. "Sam Blue? The owner of Pear Inc?!" 

"Shhhh.... and yes."

"He's the jerk who abused you? I can't believe it," Kate commented.

"Well, that's the truth," Jaden said sadly.

"Let's teach him a lesson!" David exclaimed.

"NO!" Jaden and Kate yelled simultaneously.

Kate glared at him and it took David a few seconds to apprehend.

"Oh right, sorry," David said sheepishly.

Agent Vega said,"Alright kids, let's board the plane and I'll tell you our 'activities' for our 'vacation'."

Jaden caught the message and boarded the plane. 

Just then, someone bumped into him.

"Sor-" Jaden looked to the person who bumped into him.

"JADEN?!" Sam shouted, loud enough for the other passengers to hear.

Agent Vega, Kate and David heard them too and Agent Vega interfered immediately.

"I'm sorry sir, but that's my kid, Jason, not Jaden, you must be mistaken. Come on, Jason!" Agent Vega beckoned to Jaden.

"Y-Yes, Dad," Jaden followed him, leaving Sam speechless. 

Kate took the window seat and Jaden sat next to her while David and Agent Vega sat beside them.

"Hey, listen up. This is a very dangerous case so I want you all to pay attention. You hear me?" Agent Vega commanded. 

Kate nudged David, who was eating his chips. He placed the chips on his lap.

"Okay. When we reached the UK later, we will need to rent a car and it will be a long ride to Dr Aaron Collins' house. His house is in a quite deserted place but we will find it. Now, just relax for the last time because starting the mission. You have to be aware of the doctors too, they may or may not be following us to the UK. Kate, Jaden, have you eaten your meds? We do not want your illness to start up."

Kate and Jaden immediately popped one into their mouths.

"Good," Agent Vega nodded and then sat back and put on his headphones, listening to music.

*****

When all of the passengers have settled down, an announcement was made for them to fasten their seat belts. 

Within seconds, the plane took off. Jaden was exhilarated. He never had this sensation before.

He sat back in his seat and looked at his friends. David was watching The Fairly Oddparents, laughing at Cosmo's silly actions while Kate was staring out of the window, with her head resting on her hand. 

Jaden looked at the beautiful orange sky. The sun is setting. Jaden felt amazing. Just three days before, he had tried to commit suicide. He was glad that he didn't die. He hadn't live his life to the fullest. And right now, he was sitting in a plane. It was unbelievable.

Just then, Kate turned around and looked at Jaden.

"Jaden, I admire you." 

What?

Jaden was astonished. "What do you mean, Kate?"

"Look, I was thinking about the story of your life. It made me think how on earth did you live like that everyday. I can't live being tortured everyday but you did. You are so brave and amazing and it's just unfair that you are the one living this life, you know? Why are you an Oneiroist? Why can't God choose another person? So, yeah. I admire you, Jaden Blue." Kate smiled, giving at a pat on Jaden's back.

Jaden laughed. "I'm a freak. I can make dreams happen. I was tortured my entire life and you admire me? You gotta be kidding me."

Kate frowned. "So you're saying I'm a freak too, huh? Just because we can make dreams happen, doesn't mean we are freaks. We have so-called 'superpowers' so embrace your ability and don't let it bother you."

Jaden was at a loss for words.

She's right... I should embrace it.

"You're right, I'm just thinking about myself. I'm such a fool." Jaden was embarrassed.

Kate cupped Jaden's face. "Jay, stop saying negative things about yourself. Think of more positive things, you'll be more happier that way. Name me a positive thing in your life."

Without hesitation, Jaden answered, "You."

Kate's heart skipped a beat. Her cheeks were as red as a tomato.

Jaden panicked. "Uh, I mean uh, you and David and Agent Vega, who have saved me from the doctors, you know." He could feel his body temperature rising. He scratched at the back.of his head, avoiding direct eye contact with Kate.

Kate came back from her reverie and cleared her throat. "Ahem. So... any plans after we get back our meds? You can't stay with your aunt and uncle, not with the doctors hunting for you too."

Jaden was glad she changed the topic. "Uhm, I don't know yet. Any ideas?"

Kate thought for a while and replied, "Uhm, you can stay with me."

Jaden's eyes were about to pop right out of the sockets. "What?"

Kate shook her head vigorously. "No... What I meant was that you may sleep in my brother's room, since he's at college right now."

Jaden asked, "You sure your parents will not mind?"

Kate giggled. "No, not at all. In fact, they will be welcoming you with a huge party or whatever. They are very friendly."

Jaden said, "Thanks, Kate."

"Welcome, Jay."

*****

Author's Note: Hey! Short chapter today, sorry about that :P One word: School. Anyway, remember to vote and comment what do you feel about this book and I will definitely reply! :D Please read my other book, Thrilling. Horror. Evil. now! :D

P.S: I will try my best to upload next week. Pls don't hate me if I don't! :X