Chapter Fifteen

Every minute felt like an eternity to David. He was biting his fingernails, even though his mother kept chiding him not to. He was pacing up and down, thinking about his friends. Being a secret agent, he knew that he should be mentally prepared for situations like this. It never dawned on him that it would actually happen and reality had hit him hard. He hadn't lost anyone close to him yet. He didn't want to. Jaden and Kate should not be the first ones.

Meanwhile, Agent Vega gritted his teeth in silent fury. Ten years of espionage had trained him well enough to handle these kind of situations and yet he couldn't protect the people around him. He was angry at the kidnappers but more angry at himself. He could not even complete a simple task, how could he go on to more dangerous missions in the future? He sighed and put his head in his hands, reflecting more about himself.

Just then, an alarm rang, alerting David and Agent Vega. It signalled to them that the one hour was up Time was ticking and they had no time to lose. Picking up their bags, they got up and ran.

*****

"Two Oneiroists, Lady Luck must love me," Ethan Peyton chuckled behind his surgical mask.

"Let us go, you freak! Why are you doing this to us?" Kate shouted, the chains cut deep into her skin as she struggled, blood was dripping down her arms.

"Because you two are dangerous! I'M SAVING MANKIND BY USING YOU TWO FOR GREAT USE! You should thank me, thank your lucky stars that you're still alive," Dr Peyton slammed his fist on the table, making Jaden jumped a little.

"Time for your anaesthetic , Kate and Jaden. Say goodbye to the world, forever." Dr Peyton held a syringe in his hands. He held it near Jaden's arm, who at that point was struggling with all his might, jerking as hard as he can. However, Dr Peyton managed to inject him. He stopped moving immediately.

"No! You can't do this!" Kate screamed when she saw Jaden's lifeless body. Dr Peyton turned to her.

"Oh, yes, I can. Sleep tight, Kate," In her last moment, she screamed as he injected the anaesthetic into her arm.

Darkness engulfed her once again, that time, however it may be permanent.

After finishing his job, Dr Peyton made sure two security guards were standing outside the door. He gave the syringe to a nurse as he exited the room.

He grinned as he thought that the world would soon be his and everyone would be under his command.

Soon, he would be king of the world and no one could stop him.

Author's Note: Hey! New Chapter! YAY. Vote and comment! And don't forget to check out my two other books! Look for them in my profile!