Chapter Fourteen

After being injected with a tracking device, Jaden hopped onto a taxi at a taxi stand. Alas, luck was not standing on Jaden's side. It started raining heavily and there was a heavy traffic jam on the highway. People were honking impatiently, hoping to reach home faster and have a nice, relaxing bath before going to bed. However, that's not going to be the case for them.It had been that way for an hour now but the jam did not improve. It became worse actually.

The taxi driver tried to have a small talk with Jaden but all he does not reply him. He then gave up and focused on his driving while Jaden stared out of the window, watching the heavy downpour. He was beginning to doubt the exchange. Being an overthinker, unpleasant thoughts started to float in his mind.

Throughout the rest of the ride, it was silent except for the occasional cough that the driver had. Jaden was thinking so much that it gave him a headache. He should lay it off for a while and so he resumed to staring out the window. The rain had decreased significantly, turned into a light drizzle. Jaden was thankful for that.

"We're here," said the driver, who had a Mexican accent.

Jaden paid the driver and thanked him. With that, he stepped out of the taxi and it sped off.

*****

Jaden looked at the abandoned warehouse in front of him. Of course, it was the cliche place that  kidnappers would bring their victims to. Without hurry, he shouted Kate's name repeated, in an attempt to get a response.

"Don't bother, we have her here," The man in a black cloak said, holding Kate at gunpoint. Poor Kate was still in restraints. She struggled but no to avail.

Jaden growled,"Let her go."

"Come here first." Jaden did what he was instructed. 

Kate was pleading Jaden not to move forward but Jaden ignored her.

Because unaware to Jaden, there were two men behind him and they placed a sack over him before he could take another step. Jaden kicked and screamed but the lack of air was making it hard for him.

Soon after, he lost consciousness and the man in the black cloak ordered the two men to bring Kate and Jaden with them.

Kate was reluctant and shouted for Jaden, as she was dragged back to her nightmare.

*****

"Jaden is now in the warehouse, Agent Vega,"Dave was busy tracking Jaden and eating potato chips.

"Okay, we shall wait for Kate's response. She should be smart enough to get help. If she didn't get help, most likely they didn't exchange at all, just kidnap Jaden. I have high hopes for the second scenario though." Agent Vega said, seriously.

"In that case, we shall wait for another hour. Response or no response, we shall take action by then,"

"Agreed."

Dave resumed tracking Jaden while Agent Vega packed his bag.

It's time for a mission, a mission to save both Jaden and Kate.

*****

Author's Note: Two updates! I realised that the previous chapter was too short so I uploaded this to make it up to you. Happy New Year and may 2015 be a good year for all of us.

Also, check out my other book, Thrilling. Horror. Evil.

Vote and comment :D