Chapter Eight

David and Jaden caught up with Katherine in the end and they walked to the Gadget Centre in an awkward silence.

They collected the address of Dr Collin’s, some gadgets and fake passports. They then pushed Jaden to the Medical Centre to be deparalysed. After 15 minutes, Jaden could move again but not so stable. He held onto David to ensure that he would not fall.

“Okay, here’s the plan, we would take a private jet to Dr Collin’s and once we’re there, we would drive for 20 minutes from the airport to his house. Get it?”

“Nope, I don’t. It is too complicated for me to understand. Sarcasm intended.” David joked.

“Sarcasm noted. Get ready to feel my fist of fury, you dork. It will not hurt at all. Sarcasm intended,” Kate retorted

David ran before Kate could punch him. Because of doing that, Jaden had no support and fell face flat to the ground.

“Ouch!” Jaden grimaced in pain.

“OH MY GOD. I’m so sorry, I’m such an idiot.” David exclaimed, lifting Jaden up.

“Glad you know,” Katherine remarked.

David ignored Kate and gasped when he saw Jaden’s face. “Oh no, Jay, your nose...”

Jaden touched his nose and felt a sticky goo. He looked at his hand and saw something familiar, something that he had always seen after being abused.

Blood.

He looked up and saw David freaking out. “We’ve gotta need bandages and some alcohol! No, we need to stitch his nose up! No, we need to wash the blood away first! Ah!” David felt a stinging sensation on his right cheek.

“Ow, Kate! Why did you hit me for?” David crossed his arms.

“1) Because you dodge my punch. 2) You are freaking out like a little kid. Calm down!” Kate shouted in his face.

“I am not!” David was adamant.

“Yes, you are!” Kate argued.

“I’m not!”

“You are!”

“Nuh- uh!”

“Uh-huh!”

“Bleh” David stuck his tongue out to Kate.

Kate did the same to David. “Blehhhh”

“Guys! I’m still here! We need to get the meds soon before Kate or I end up dreaming about world domination!” Jaden lost his temper.

I’m the one bleeding here and they are fighting like little kids?

Sorry,” Kate and Dave apologised to Jaden at the same time.

“Jaden, I have some bandages in the van. I’ll help you with your wound.”

“Thanks, but no thanks, Kate. I’m used to getting wounded and I can do it myself.”

Kate looked surprised. “What do you mean you get used to being wounded? Are you so clumsy?”

“Uhm… We shall talk on our way to the airport, okay? It’s a long story.”

“Okay.”

*****

They climbed into the van and started their journey. “Tell us, Jaden. What happened?” David pestered Jaden.

Jaden took a deep breath. “When I was 5, I had my first dream that came true. I didn’t know I had Oneiro back then. I didn’t worry much. The following week, I had a nightmare about my parents dying in a car crash. And they did. I-I miss them so much…” He bit his lip to stop himself from crying.