Chapter Twelve

Where am I? Ugh, my head hurts...

Kate woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. She squinted her eyes as the light shone mercilessly towards her. As her vision was becoming clearer, she saw someone standing in front of her.

He was wearing a black leather jacket with a  black shirt underneath. He wore a pair of black jeans too. He looked like he was in the late twenties.

He seems to like black huh? How about a black eye? That'll be a great addition to his outfit.

Kate scanned her surroundings and realised she was lying on top of a surgical table, restrained with cuffs on her wrists and ankles. She stared into the man's dark black eyes, as if she was trying to destroy his soul with the power of a stare. Kate struggled but to not avail. She gritted under her teeth, "Where am I?"

"Somewhere over the rainbow. Obviously, I won't tell you where you are." He rolled his eyes at Kate.

Ignoring his sarcastic remark, she continued asking. "What are you gonna do to me? Ask my parents for ransom?"

"Please, as much as I want to, I can't. I have my orders. What I can tell you is that your life will be a living nightmare soon..." He replied, with an eerie tone in his voice.

Kate did not give up. "Then who are you? At least tell me your name?"

"Ugh, will you stop asking me questions? I didn't sign up to participate in a freaking game show!" Clearly irritated, he took a chair and dragged it to the other side of the room and sat down on it, with his back facing Kate.

Kate looked up at the ceiling and sighed. She had nothing with her, and the only thing she could do was to pray hard that Jaden and the rest got to her before something bad happened.

*****

Jaden could tell that Agent Vega was on the verge of pulling his hair out. David was trying unsuccessfully to calm the volcano that was about to explode down.

"Chill, Vega, Kate's gonna be alright, I'm sure of it!"

"Somebody got her. She's in big trouble so don't expect me to freaking chill!"

Jaden sighed. He wanted to help, but he had no clue how. However, he hated the fact that Kate was in captivity and the guys were just not doing anything.

"Hey guys, how about we find a solution to save Kate, rather than standing here doing nothing?" Jaden voiced out his opinion, for the first time in forever.

Agent Vega and David looked at him in surprise and then hung their heads in shame.

"Uhm, you are right. Ahem. So, Kate's has a gadget that has a GPS. We can track her down easily, provided that the captor did not remove it." David explained.

"Okay, I'm on it." Agent Vega took out his smartphone and looked for Kate's location, with David and Jaden by side, staring at his phone. His eyebrows furrowed instantly and Jaden looked closer towards the screen. It showed that Kate's location was at the alley. They were near.

"That's strange, why would the kidnapper kidnap her to an alley, which is a public area? Shouldn't he take her to an abandoned warehouse, maybe?" David pointed out.

"I'm sure that the kidnapper removed all her gadgets. He knew who she was," Agent Vega stated.

"Looks like this guy isn't an ordinary kidnapper, he kidnapped her for a reason, not for ransom," Jaden said, with a worried tone in his voice.

"The kidnapper is most likely to be one of Ethan Peyton's doctors," Agent Vega confirmed while David gasped loudly.

"This means that Kate is in danger! He knows her because she is an Oneiroist! Oh no, this is bad," David panicked, placing his left hand on his forehead and pacing around.

Oh no! She is gonna be placed into the sick machine. We gotta save her!

Jaden hoped that nothing bad will happen to her and he prayed hard that Kate would be saved in time.

Before it's too late.

Author's Note: Hey guys, please vote and comment! Btw, check out my other book, Thrilling. Horror. Evil. It is a book full of short stories that I wrote. One of them is about a crazy murderer who wants to take out people's  vocal cords. It's called 'The Mute' and it's an insane story so what are you waiting for? Go explore the book yourself! :D