Chapter 6

On Friday morning, I felt like it was my birthday. I was so happy I didn't have to go to school that I sang in my shower rather loudly, and Eric managed to sneak into my bedroom and tape my singing. Even after I found that out, my mood didn't change much. I mean, a little brother is supposed to be annoying, right?

Around six in the evening, I started to get ready. I pulled my dress off its hanger and lovingly stroked the silky material. I put it on and critically looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was size five, but it seemed to fit just right. I grimaced when I looked at my white knees and dug in my drawers until I found a pair of brand-new tan-colored pantyhose. I looked at my reflection again. The dress was bright-red halter top with a loose skirt that barely covered my knees. I turned around and was pleased to see that my bare back looked just fine. I pulled on my black shoes and quickly touched my lips with some pale lipstick. I was rummaging through my jewelry box when the doorbell rang, and a few seconds after that, I heard Trisha's voice. I frowned. She said that she would come just before eight o'clock. I looked at the time, and suddenly, was speechless when the clock read 8:05.

"How long was I getting dressed for...?" I muttered and shut my jewelry box closed.

I ran downstairs, and Trisha clapped her hands when she saw me.

"Oh, you look so great!" she cried.

"Thanks," I smiled. "You look awesome too!"

"I know," she said smugly, and slowly turned around, modeling her tight black dress that left little to imagination.

"Very slutty," I nodded seriously, and Trisha laughed out loud.

"Have fun, girls," my mother appeared by the door to the living room.

"Thanks, Mom!" I smiled and planted a light kiss on her cheek.

"Be good, okay?" she called after me as I was running out the front door.

"Okay," I shouted before getting into Trisha's car.

"Okay," Trisha said and turned on her car. "Let's go get Andy."

"Andy?" I frowned. "How come?"

She shrugged indifferently.

"He asked me to pick him up."

"Oh, okay," I said. "Oh, hey! Are we supposed to bring anything?"

"Yeah," Trisha said, smoothly pulling out of my driveway. "But don't worry about it. Andy will get it."

"I can get it," I said and Trisha grinned at me.

"No," she said. "You can't. Nobody will sell you any booze. You have underage written all over you..."

"Oh..." I was embarrassed.

"It's okay," she said, pausing briefly before turning on the road. "Andy never gets carded."

"Why? Isn't he the same age as us?"

"He is," Trisha nodded. "But somehow, he can always pull the whole 'grown-up' aura..." she shrugged. "I don't know how. It's a gift," and she laughed.

We picked Andy up fifteen minutes later. He was sitting on the curb, two cases of beer resting next to him.

"Hey, Andy!" Trisha called and popped open the trunk of her car.

Andy waved to us and put the beer in the trunk. Trisha got out of the car and pulled her seat forward so Andy could get in the back. I looked at them a minute later and almost chocked on my own saliva. Andy's arms were firmly wrapped around Trisha's waist, and his face was almost glued to hers. I blinked when I saw Trisha hang on his neck and bury her fingers in his hair. Suddenly, I felt really embarrassed and looked away. Finally, Andy climbed in the back and Trisha got into the driver's seat.