Part II, chapter 4

January 18, 2005

Danny looked up at the suddenly sunny sky and snorted. The day was almost perfect, and he hated it. He was back where he left off. He spent every night with Stephanie again. The only difference this time was the fact that now he would actually help her study for the first couple of hours or so.

"Danny, wait, man!"

He stopped and whirled around, his eyes becoming mad slits behind his dark sunglasses.

"What do you want?" He asked evenly, and Tyler blinked at his unexpected hostility.

"Tough day?" he asked carefully.

"What do you want?" Danny repeated unemotionally.

"I just need my refill," Tyler pulled money out of his jeans' pocket.

Danny shook his head.

"No," he said shortly.

"No?" Tyler frowned. "What do you mean? You don't have any...?"

"I do," Danny said calmly. "I just don't want to sell you any."

"Is this your way of raising the price?" Tyler laughed in bewilderment. "Just say how much and..."

"No," Danny interrupted him. "Not the price. I just..." He smiled. "I don't want your business anymore."

"I don't understand..." Tyler said slowly. "Did I do something to you? If I did, I am sorry, man..."

"No," Danny said again. "You didn't do anything to me," he lingered a little longer than he wanted on the word 'me,' and Tyler blinked rapidly.

"Then who?" he frowned. "Look," he continued when Danny didn't say anything. "I am sorry for whatever I did, Danny! I really am!"

"No, you are not," Danny smiled again. "Leave me alone, Tyler," and he started to walk away.

"Wait!" Tyler grabbed his shoulder, and Danny immediately span around.

"Let go!" He barked, and Tyler let go of his shoulder and took a step back.

"Jesus," he said in disbelief. "Are you hooked on your own stuff, man?"

"I don't do drugs," Danny said tightly. "Leave me alone, Tyler."

"Just explain it, goddammit!" Tyler shouted angrily and grabbed his shoulder again.

This time, Danny turned around and punched him in the face so hard that Tyler almost lost his balance.

"God..." Danny muttered. "I wanted to do this for a very long time..."

"What the hell?!" Tyler wiped his face and stared at the blood on his hand in disbelief. "You son of a bitch!"

He lunged at Danny, and suddenly, Danny couldn't think anymore. Everything around him turned dark-red and the only thought that was left in his mind was chanting nonstop, "Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!"

...He shook his head when somebody pulled him away, and the world slowly went back to its normal colors.

"Stop it! Stop it!!" He heard someone shrieking, and turned his head.

Laurie was kneeling next to Tyler, her shaking hands wiping blood off his face.

"Jesus, Danny!" She looked at him with horror. "You almost killed him! What the hell?!"