Chapter 11: Passed

Nicki POV

I woke up to Derek and Kyle in my bed eating.

Kyle: Goodmorning mommy!

I sat up and looked over to my plate of food.

Me: Thank you Derek.

Derek: You welcome

We talked and ate some more until we was done. Derek got up and took the plates downstairs. Me and Kyle was watching tv until my phone went off. It was Ricki.

Me: Hello

Doctor: Hi, Ms.Ricki is not doing so well and today is the last day you can visit her.

Me: Okay we'll come today.

I hung up and Derek came in the room.

Me: Derek the doctor said today is the last day we can visit Ricki

Kyle: My mommy!

Derek: We can go.

Me: Okay c'mon before visiting hours are over.

He got up and hopped in the shower. I took Kyle to her room and got her dressed. I went to my room and put on my clothes. I grabbed my phone, keys and Kyle and went downstairs. I went outside and started the car so it can cool down.

Kyle: Why is this the last day we can go see mommy?

Me: I don't know baby

We sat in the car for about 5 minutes until Derek came out. He got in the car and we pulled off.

Derek: So I was thinking about something when we was separated.

Me: What?

Derek: After you have these twins, I wanted to have a baby thats actually mines.

Me: Oh I was thinking about having my tubes tied.

Derek: Naw ain't nun of that, I want a house full of kids.

Me: Well you already finna have 4 kids.

Derek: I know but 3 of em ain't actually mines.

Me: Well go talk to Cammy about that.

Derek: I don't fuck with her no more.

Me: You need to...you know she ain't gone be able to support that baby by herself...and plus thats yo baby.

Derek: I know thats my baby...I got him its just I don't got her...she'll find her a nigga.

Me: So you want another nigga around yo son?

Derek: Naw you know if I see some going on I'll get full custody of him.

Me: Well thats up to you.

We pulled up to the hospital and Derek helped Kyle out the car. We walked in and went to the front desk.

Lady: Welcome to South Carolina Hospital...how may I help you?

Me: Yes what room is Ricki Sanders in?

Lady: Room 205

Me: Thank you

We took the elevator to the 2nd floor and found the room. We walked in, a nurse was giving Ricki some pills.

Kyle: Hi mommy

Ricki looked over at us and smiled. Then she looked at Derek and had a confused look on her face.

Ricki: I didn't know you two knew each other.

Derek: Yea this my girl

I went up to Ricki and hugged her. I put Kyle on the bed and she started hugging her too. Me and Derek sat down and started talking to Ricki. She was smiling but I knew she was dying inside. About an hour of talking the doctor came in.