Chapter 15: Child Support

3 Days Later

Nicki POV

Me: Hey baby

Kyle: Hi mommy

Nisha and Kay came down the stairs and she ran towards me. I picked her up and kissed her on the cheek.

Nisha: I see you better.

Me: Yea I just needed a break like you said.

Nisha: How was your doctor's appointment.

Me: Good he said I growing very fast and they might come early.

Nisha: O lord. Are you ready?

Me: Yea I am. I need something to do with my life anyways.

I went into her kitchen and picked up a apple and bit it. I went back in the living room and grabbed Kay's stuff.

Me: You ready to go?

Kyle: Yes

She gave Nisha a hug and went out the door.

Me: Thank you Nisha, I'll call you later.

Nisha: Such a liar.

I chuckled and went out the door. I put Kay's bag in the back with her and hopped in the front. I started the car and pulled off.

Kyle: Where we going?

Me: The mall.

I pulled up to the mall and parked. We got out and headed towards the entrance. I went to Carter's and shopped for Kyle. I was waiting on Kay to come out the dressing room when someone tapped me. I turned around and it was a girl.

Girl: Hi your Nicole right?

Me: Yea and you are?

Girl: Well my name is Carmen and I just wanna give you something.

She reached in her bag and pulled out some pieces of paper. She handed them to me and walked towards the entrance. I opened them and found out they were child support papers. Not for me but for Derek. She didn't even look pregnant so she must be only some weeks. I walked over to her and stopped her.

Me: Your pregnant?

Carmen: Yes I'm 3 weeks pregnant and it's Derek's. I'm not saying nothing else except for you need to go talk to your lawyer.

She walked away and I went back over to Kay. She came out and told me everything she liked and didn't like. I took everything to the counter and paid. We left and went to the parking lot. We got in the car and headed home.

...

Me: Nisha I don't know who his lawyer is?

Nisha: Next time you talk to him ask em.

My phone started beeping and it was him.

Me: Speak of the devil call you later.

I answered the call.

Lady: You have a call from...

Me: OMG yes!

Derek: Hello

Me: Hey

Derek: How y'all doing?

Me: Good...I need to talk to you about something.

Derek: What?

Me: Okay so me and Kay was in the mall today and some girl came up to me with child support papers. She said she was 3 weeks pregnant and your the father.