Chapter 14: Baby Shower

2 weeks later.

Nicki POV

Me: Kay let's go!

Kyle: I'm coming.

She came downstairs and we went to the car.

Nisha: Finally y'all ready.

I pulled off and headed towards the bakery.

Nisha: So what all we need?

Me: The cake, plates, ice cream, utensils and table cloths.

I pulled up to the bakery and got out. I walked in and went to the counter.

Quinn: Oh I know who you are.

Me: You remember me?

Quinn: How imma forgot a pretty face like that.

Me: Awe stop it.

He went to the back and brung out a box.

Quinn: You can take a look before you leave.

I opened it and it was so pretty. They had little fake grass and animals.

Me: How much do I owe you?

Quinn: $109.10

I paid him and closed the box up. He gave me my receipt and I left a tip in the jar. I walked out the bakery and put the cake in the back. I got in and drove to Pick N' Save. I pulled up and parked. We got out and walked inside. At the entrance they had the RIP signs for Leon. It brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them back. Derek went to court and got 11 years. Everyday Kyle ask where is daddy at and it's really sad. I miss him so much and I can't believe that the twins will not meet their dad until their 11. I walked to frozen aisle while Kyle and Nisha went to the party aisle.

I was looking for ice cream when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and it was Que. I ran up to him and hugged him.

Me: Hi, I miss you so much.

Que: I miss you too.

I turned around and got 2 gallons of vanilla ice cream. I put them and the cart and pushed it.

Que: What's been up with you?

Me: Nothing today is the baby shower.

Que: Oh so you wasn't gone invite me.

Me: Im sowwy...you can come tho.

Que: Naw I was just playing I got work anyways. But you have fun Im about to go.

Me: Okay.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek goodbye and he left. I went and found Kyle and Nisha and we went to the checkout line. I paid and we left. We got in the car. I drove to my house and dropped them off. They took the cake and ice cream in the house so it wouldn't melt. I drove to Party City and parked. I got out and went in. I went to the counter.

Me: Excuse me where is your animal print table cloths and plates.

She turned around and it was Nya.

Nya: Ummm....Aisle 5.

I walked to aisle 5 and got everything I needed. I put everything in the basket.

Nya: Nicole

I turned around and looked at her.

Me: What?

Nya: Im so sorry Nicki for not believing you and hurting you. These past 6 months have the worst. I lost my brother then I lost my friend. I want my best friend back. I miss you.