Chapter 20: Trip

6 Days Later

Nicki POV

"Call me when yall arrive so I can pick yall up." Ms. Wilson said.

"Alright bye." I said hanging up the phone.

We was walking into the airport and on our way to Orlando. It was Kyle, Nisha, and I. I left the twins with my mother. After we got done with the security check we went to get something to eat.

"What you want to eat Kyle?" I asked her.

"Umm pizza." She said.

We walked over to the pizza stand.

"Can I get 1 pepperoni pizza?" I asked getting out my wallet.

"Yes anything to drink?" She said ringing the stuff up.

"Yes 2 Sprites and a apple juice." I said.

"Okay 8.87." She said.

I pulled out my card and swiped it. We grabbed our food and headed to our gate.

"Mommy I've never been on a plane before." Kyle said.

"You don't have to be scared. I got you." I said kissing her on the cheek.

After about a hour of us eating and talking, I plane started to board. We got our carry-on bags and boarded the plane. It was alot of elderly people so it took us so long to get to our seats.  Fortunately, we got us 3 seats together. I sat on the outside and Nisha sat by the window. Kyle rested her head on me and fell asleep.  Soon after take of Nisha fell asleep too.  About a hour into the ride, I had to use the bathroom.  I got up and went back there.  After I used the bathroom I was walking back to my seat when somebody called my name. I turned around and it was Que. He patted the seat next to him and I sat down.

"You act like you don't know me nomore." He said.

"I've been busy Quentin. With the kids and Derek." I said.

"How is he doing?" He asked.

"Good." I said starting to tear up.

"Don't start that." He said wiping the tears that escaped my eye.

I looked and smiled at him. He's been very supportive through this whole experience man. Like he haven't been trying anything with me because he know what I got going on with Derek.

"I know your hurting right now but just know I'm here for you whenever you need me babygirl." He said rubbing my face.

Next thing you know, we're kissing. And this wasn't just a regular kiss, this was a kiss that needed to happen.  We pulled back and smiled at each other. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned on him.  After talking for a bit, I fell asleep.

Like a hour later, I felt someone tapping me. It was a flight attendant.

"We'll be landing in 10 minutes ma'am." She said with a smile.

I looked up at Que and he was sleep. I rubbed his face and he started waking up.

"I'mma go back up there with Kyle okay?" I said getting up.

"Alright. I'll text you later tonight."

I walked back to my seat and Nisha and Kyle was woke.

"Where was you at?"Nisha said eating some of her pretzels.

"Que back there. I fell asleep." I said getting my stuff together.

"Mommy what we doing when we land?"Kyle asked.

"We're going to granny house and then eat." I said. 

"We are now decending. Can everyone buckle up for landing."