Chapter 14: Mood Swings

Nicki POV

Me: I'm thinking about getting a job.

Cash: What you need a job for? Yo parent's rich.

Me: I know but like I dont even have a good relationship with my parents.

Cash: Well get one.

Me: I don't know.

I was at lunch with Cash at Deny's.

Cash: When the last time you talked to your parents?

Me: When I was 17, which means 4 years ago. Me and my parents don't have that type of bond. I was a very independent person when I was younger. All they used to do was work and when they did come home they slept. You know I never got this right here. They never took me to restaurants or movies. Then it didn't make it no better that I no girl siblings. I had 3 brothers tho. So I used to hang out and wrestle with them. I just wanna be the best mother to Kyle, Gia and Nia. It's just one thing missing.

Cash: What?

Me: Derek, yea he cheated on me but I love him.

I started crying and was about to get up but he grabbed my arm.

Cash: Nicki you can't cry every time you say his name. It's unhealthy for you. Think of why he's in there. He did all that for his son. He probably wasn't even thinking of you at that moment but he was thinking of his child. He's probably happy right now knowing that he killed the man that killed his son. You gotta let it go cause I know thats what he'd want you to do.

I nodded and went to the bathroom. I cleaned my face up and got a call.

Lady: You have a call from South Carolina Correctional Institution from "Derek". Would yo....

Me: Yes

Derek: Hello

Me: Hey

Derek: You alright?

Me: Hanging in there.

Derek: How is my princess doing?

Me: Good she's at Michelle's house.

Derek: mm....I miss you

Me: Derek don't say that. You know that makes me cry.

Derek: Im sorry baby but make sure you hang in there for my girls. It might not be soon but I'm coming home and until I'm there I need you to hold it down alright?

Me: Mhmm

Derek: Don't be sad, when y'all coming to visit me?

Me: You know I can't do that.

Derek: I need to see my queen and my princess.

I started crying again.

Derek: Make sure y'all come see me.

Lady: 30 seconds.

Derek: Love you

By now I was bawling.

Me: Love you too.

I hung up and swiped my face. I went back to the table and sat down.

Cash: You okay?

Me: Yea but I'm ready to go tho.

We went up to the cash register and he paid for the check. I got in his car and he drove me home.

...

I got out the shower and put my chill clothes on. I went downstairs and watched tv. I started to dose off when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered it. It was Kyle and Nisha.

Kyle: Hey momma

Me: Hey

She wanted me to pick her up but I was too weak.

Me: I can't baby.

She stuck her lip out and ran upstairs to her room. We walked in the living room and sat on the couch.

Nisha: What's wrong with you?

Me: I can't do this Nisha

Nisha: Can't do what?

Me: This fucked up ass situation! I want my baby back.

Nisha: Nicki you can't let this effect you that much. You was just happy yesturday what happend?

Me: I don't know

Nisha: Imma take Kyle to my house for a few days.

I looked at her and squinched my eyes.

Me: So you don't think I can take care of my child?

Nisha: I didn't say that I just wanna give you some space.

Me: Whatever

She went upstairs and into Kyle's room. I got up and went to my room. I went in my closet and grabbed my pills out of the box. I pulled out two and went downstairs. I grabbed a bottle of water and took em. These are my "happy pills" since I've been depressed lately. I felt them kick in and I started feeling good. I went upstairs to Kyle's room.

Me: You going to Auntie Nisha house for a couple days?

Kyle: Yes. Imma miss you momma.

Me: Imma miss you too love you.

They went downstairs and out the door. I went downstairs and grabbed my phone. I was on Instagram for a little bit then I fell asleep on the couch.

...

I woke up around 7 AM. I got up went upstairs. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I straightened my hair and went back in my room. I got dressed and went downstairs. I went outside and to the car. I pulled off towards the doctor's office.

#LongLiveSpeakerKnockerz