Chapter 13: Jail

Derek POV

I woke up around 2 o'clock. I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face and got dressed. I went down to Kyle's room.

Me: Kay get up and go brush yo teeth.

She got up and went to in her bathroom. I went in her closet and picked out her underwear, socks and outfit. I got her Gamma Blues and put it on her bed. She came out and got dressed. I got a red headband off her dresser and put it on her.

Kyle: Thank you daddy, where we going?

Me: Where you wanna go?

Kyle: Umm Ice cream.

Me: Okay c'mon

...

Lady: Welcome to Culvers, how may I take your order?

Me: Can I get 2 vanilla ice cream cones.

Lady: Is that all?

Me: Yea

Lady: $4.56 at the next window

I pulled up, paid and got the ice cream. I handed Kyle hers and some napkins. We pulled off and ate our ice cream. Then I called Nicki.

Nicki: Hey bae

Me: Hey where you at?

Nicki: The mall, you still at the house?

Me: No, I took Kay out for ice cream.

Nicki: Aww such a sweet daddy, have you talked to Cameron?

Me: No what I need to talk to her for?

Nicki: Yea she made a mistake but she's hurting. It wasn't just your son it was hers too. She lost a son just like you.

Me: You right.

Nicki: Okay see y'all later.

I hung up and headed towards towards the hospital. I pulled into the parking space and got out. I got Kyle out, since she was sleep, and we went in. I took the elevator to the 3rd floor and went in her room. She looked worn out and depressed.

Cammy: Hey

Me: Hey

I went in and sat in the chair.

Cammy: She's so pretty when she's sleep.

Me: Thank you

Cammy: Well I know what you came here to talk about.

Me: Who slipped you the molly?

Cammy: Well it could've only been one person.

Me: Who?

Cammy: It was this guy named Leon that I was with the whole time. He went to get me something to drink and that must've been when he slipped it in there. I promise to god I didn't take it willingly. I loved my son.

Me: Who is he?

Cammy: It was just somebody I met while I was there. The only thing I know about him is that he works with Michelle at Pick N' Save.

Me: That's all I needed to know.

The door opened and Michelle came in.

Michelle: Hey

Cammy: Hey

Me: Michelle how long are you going to be here?

Michelle: Not so long.

Me: I need you to watch my daughter for me.

Michelle: Sure, I'll have to take her to my house.

Me: Okay I'll pick her up in a little bit.