16| Real Life

Naked.

Butt naked.

Stark naked.

Shit, he was hella naked.

That's what he felt the moment he sobered up that morning. His heavy head pounded as he sat still on the bed, but his entire body felt numb. Last night's activities came rushing back, all of them as clear as day with each passing moment.

It was uneverning to think it actually happened. Everything just transpired to so fast. From drinking to winding up in a hotel room with someone in minutes without even thinking if what'll happen tomorrow. One moment he was having a good time with Pamela, Mercy and Rami. The next...

When he looked to his side, he frowned deeply. Her purple hair sprawled out on the white pillows and sheets as her exposed figure laid peacefully under the covers.

What had he done?

She was married for fuck's sake! Alright, maybe not happily married, but this wasn't supposed to happen. This was a mistake, a down right screw up that could ruin him, as well so many friendships.

But this mistake... felt so good. At the time, all Fergal wanted to do was end the pain in his heart. Drinking was the solution presented in front of him and he gladly took it. Things felt good for once and he didn't want it to stop.

Pamela was babbling about how she and Kevin got away from The Shield after rigging their lockers to explode with ketup and mustered. A good laugh was shared when Kevin ended the story with how they were caught and smudged by them since Pam was a hugger.

But at one point, Fergal just needed to be alone; To think. To breathe in some air. While standing at the balcony with a beer in one hand, his thoughts were clear as he stared off into the distance. City lights were all there is. They looked like stars on the earth and they somehow lead him to think of the one person who he didn't want to even mention.

Celine...

The lights reminded him of that day they kissed, the day their relationship bloomed. After the constant teasing from their friends, they celebrated that night.

On the rooftop of Mason's two story house while everyone was asleep, Ferg and Celine stared up at the twinkling lights above them. A blue blanket covered the surface beneath them. Nothing disturbed the silence as their legs were tangled, his hand around her waist as she laid her head on his chest and the cool air fanned their skin. It was absolutely wonderful.

Nothing hurt more than knowing that all of it came to an end. Nothing hurt more than knowing that he'll never have her in his arms like that ever again. Not because he thought she was with another man, but because he never gave her a chance when things went downhill.

In his half drunken state, Fergal realized that he never heard Celine's side of the story. He shut her out of his life without a single thought. He chose to believe her ex. He didn't want to believe a word she says because he thought none of it would be true and she's just toying with him. He doubted her feelings for him.

That was his mistake. One that he'll never be able to fix.

Did he really believe that after all they've done together, she'd go back to her unhappy relationship with someone who betrayed her?

Whilst asking himself that, Mercy had found him alone. She told him to stop sulking and if he wanted to let the British bitch go, then he should let her go. Part of him resented her for calling Celine that, but nothing came out of his mouth to voice his thoughts. When he didn't respond, Mercy because a little more aggressive.