[12]

The morning sun shines through the red curtains, and for a minute, I forgot where I am

The morning sun shines through the red curtains, and for a minute, I forgot where I am. This was not my room.

 "Where the hell?..." I question quietly as I sit up slowly, looking around to see the familiar pictures on the walls.

Suddenly I remembered I was at the Macher house and everything that happened yesterday, feeling around my face I groaned when passing over the bruises and cuts from my attack the previous day. I knew I probably looked worse than I felt.

Physically I felt fine except for the cut above my eyebrow, which the paramedic said was only a small cut anyway and would heal itself. Still, emotionally I was drained in every way.

I was tired from the attack, the memories of last year, and the talk I had with my best friend the previous night.

Standing up out of bed, I walked over to the floor-length mirror hanging on the wall and sighed. My life had taken a rough turn in a matter of days, well my life had taken a wild turn years ago but only now was it beginning to affect me.

Getting in the shower, I was lost in thought about what had happened between Stu and Me. Thinking back on our friendship, he was always there for me and still chose me and my opinion over everyone else.

It made me wonder how long he had liked me and why he never said anything before. Wrapping a towel around myself, I looked in my bag for my clothes, and my eyes widened as I remembered Stu had packed my bag.

"Katherine, Sweetheart, I'm putting breakfast on now if you would like some," I heard Carol call from outside the bedroom door. I smiled. Stu's mom was amazing, nothing like mine was, sure; she made me breakfast, but it definitely wasn't made with love.

"That sounds great. I'll be down in a sec," I answered, towel drying my hair before letting it stay in its natural wave. I quickly dressed and put my makeup on before looking in the floor-length mirror again.

I smiled at my outfit that Stu had chosen. He definitely knew my taste. I had on my plaid dress, which had a leather belt wrapped around it, high heeled boots, and had my black leather jacket to go over the top of it to hide some of the bruises on my back.

Opening the door to go downstairs, I jumped, seeing Stu standing in front of me with his hand up, ready to knock. "Stu!" I called in surprise as he looked down at me in shock, obviously as surprised to see me as I was to see him.

Leaning against the door frame, he put his hand on his neck, looking awkward. "Hey Kat, about last night..." he started, and I knew he was trying to back peddle, but I didn't want him to. I wanted him as much as he wanted me.

"Maybe we should pretend I didn't say anything," Stu stammered, but I could tell by the look on his face he was upset having to say it.

 "Well, maybe I don't want to," I answered, pulling him down to me by the back of his neck and kissing him firmly. It felt great to finally be able to let go.