[13]

Once again, reporters lined the street, questioning students as they make their way into school

 Seeing Dewey's patrol jeep cruise by, I turned to Stu. "I'll see you later, okay?" he looked at me concerned but nodded and walked off after giving me a quick hug.

I saw Sid coming out of Dewey's car and shouted her name. She turned quickly, looking startled but soon seemed relieved to see me. "Kat," she pulled me into a back-breaking hug, "Should you be here? You look like you're in pain".

I just shrugged, watching as the other students look at the bruises on my face. They had obviously been told that Sid and I had been attacked and were probably dying to get some details on it.

"Did you see the news this morning?" she asked quietly. I just nodded, distracted as I glanced at the older man with Sidney and Tatum.

 "Any news on Billy?" I asked Dewey, making Sid look at her feet as if they were something special.

"Billy was released. His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls. We're checking every cellular account in the county. Any calls made to you guys, or Casey Becker is being cross-referenced. It's gonna take time, but we'll find him." 

I looked at Sidney, who was looking incredibly guilty. She knew I thought Billy was innocent this whole time. "And our Dad? Any word on him?" Dewey just shook his head. I bit my lip in thought, this isn't like dad. 

"Come on, Sid, it's time to go. Oh, hey Kat, how's the right hook?" Tatum bounced up to us with a big smile on her face.

My stomach twisted, looking at the girl in front of me, but I lifted up my hand to show her the bruises from where I had hit Gale. "Nice," she grinned like we were becoming best friends.

Sidney stared up at the building as if it was going to eat her. "Hey, it's school. You'll be safe here," Dewey told her comfortingly. As soon as we tried to walk into school, reporters, microphones, and cameras came from every angle.

"How does it feel to almost be brutally murdered?"

A reporter shouted, and my blood boiled as I stepped forward. "I don't know, you tell me," I growled as Dewey leaps in front of us, intercepting the reporter. 

"Leave the girls alone, will ya? They just want to go to school" Sid smiles at Dewey, thankful, and pull my arm as I glare at the reporter who now has taken a step back from me.

"Come on, Sid," Tatum huffs, but Sidney walks in the opposite direction, but my sister keeps looking around for someone. 

"Just a sec...I need to talk to someone" I frown, confused as Tatum looks at me and shrugs when I call over to Sid.

 I glance around too and see non one of interest, not even Billy was out here "who the hell could you want to talk to out here?".

Following behind my sister, I laughed when there she was in all of her fucking glory, Gale Weathers, although she was supporting a nice black eye. "Ah, Sid, no," I huffed when my sister continued on her mission toward Gale.