[16]

"You know if I were accused of carving up two people, I'd take the opportunity to skip school" My eyes hardened at Tatum as she talked to Billy like he was a piece of shit, and I knew I wasn't the only one who was pissed

Stu's head snaps in Tatum's direction with a scoff. "Hey, go easy, Tatum. He didn't do it" Tatum rolled her eyes and pouted as Billy steps a little closer to Sidney, looking at her softly.

"Talk to me, Sid," my sister is silent as she looks at Billy.

Suddenly, a scream erupts; we all look to see masked ghost students running down the hall again, screaming wildly, running amuck. "Why are they doing this?" Sidney cries sadly.

I run my hand through my hair, stressed. This is getting out of hand.

I hear Stu laugh loudly, "Are you kidding? This is like Christmas" Billy punches Stu in the side.

"Owwww..." He groaned, holding his side with a frown on his face.

I look at him seriously. "You open your mouth, and stupidity pours out" Stu looks like a puppy who had just been kicked, but I soon gave him a small smile, not being able to stay annoyed at him.

Sidney, clearly upset, takes off down the hall, and Billy races off after her "Aww crap," I moan, watching my sister run away, knowing I'd have to be the one to comfort her later.

"Stay away from her, Billy," Tatum calls out loud, slamming her locker door shut as the bell rings.

She turns and looks at Stu and me with a huff "Don't you have class Stu" she snapped, moving her eyes over to me discreetly as if she was trying to mentally tell him to leave.

"Oh, don't worry, Tate, we have chemistry together I'll look after him," I told her, knowing the hidden meaning would piss her off.

Tatum eyed me for a second before pushing her way in between us, growling to herself, "Bye T, see you later," I called after her tauntingly as she flipped me off over her shoulder, making me laugh loudly, knowing I could piss her off with just my words.

The halls have cleared with first period underway, leaving Stu and me to slowly make our way to Chemistry; everything was silent except for the one or two stragglers who could be seen rushing to class.

"So we have Chemistry?" Stu repeated as we walked next to each other with a smirk.

"something like that", I replied coyly, knowing we did have Chemistry between us; we always did. There was no denying the tension or spark that had always been there between the two of us.

"You know I thought you were beautiful the first time I ever saw you," Stu confided out of the blue "but I thought you wouldn't even give me the time of day," he revealed as we stopped and looked at each other.

"I thought you were crazy but an awesome crazy," I admitted, grimacing, knowing it wasn't 'like' at first glance for me.

"and now?" Stu asked, playing with my hair as we leaned against the lockers, just staring at each other.