chapter 21

surprise surprise

Leilahni

Jahseh and I laid in bed. It was about 2am, he was finished sticking his dagger in me while little Vonte slept in a room at the opposite end of the house.

Soft music played throughout our room, the big window showed the lights of the city shining from miles away.

Honestly I was content. I'm not usually into mushy stuff, it's hard for me to act serious.

But as I laid here, I reflected on everything that's happened.

It's been all good. I have Jahseh to thank.

His hand was wrapped tightly around mine, but it went limb noting he was asleep already. Sometimes I watch him while he's asleep.

Hell, he's pretty adorable when he's sleeping. Like holy hell, that's when he's most peaceful.

Sure glad he don't snore.

I tried going to asleep too but that shit is hard, especially when you're already aching.

And cuz I was stuck thinking about this one thing.

What would happen if Jahseh were to leave? I know damn well he has a lot of enemies and ones who want him fuckin dead.

How would me and Vonte live without our daddy?

Shit, it hurts to think about it.

Taking my hand out of his, I turn to my side and stare at his cheek. Sighing, my leg lifts up to lay on his stomach and I fall asleep.

-

"Babygirl," Someone's shaking me. "Come on. Wake that ass up."

I groaned in response. What dumbass thinks it's ok to wake up a girl from her beauty sleep?

Like damn let me sleep.

I'm shaken again, so I just grabbed a pillow and smacked it at whoever it was.

"The hell baby?"

Jahseh?

My eyes open up and I leaned against the headboard to see Jahseh staring at me with an annoyed look and a pillow in his hand.

"I would beat that pussy again if you weren't aching."

I roll my eyes at him. "Why the hell did you wake me up? I'm still tired."

He gives me a 'bitch are you stupid' look.

Jahseh picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder with his hand slapped on my ass.

"My queen, its charity day. The one I organized. You're a bad girl for forgetting."