Chapter 7

~THE FIGHT~

In one of the alleys behind the ice price a belief-keeper is beating up a man. No it's a boy.

I sneak towards the two, hiding behind a dumpster on the way, to get a closer look. As I lean in I see the boys face.

It's Jack Frost! He tries to fight back but the man keeps hitting him with something. I can't quite see so I try to get closer. I run silently behind some bags of trash.

I see Jack is being hit with a rod, but it is made of...flame wire! That's why Jack is having such trouble. I step a bit closer, luckily there's some conveniently placed bags of trash and cans everywhere! I see jacks face.

I almost begin to cry, but I know I can't. I need to be strong. I see his icy blue eyes. There is pain in them. Every time he's hit I see more and more. He's not crying though. He is obviously in a lot of pain.

I want to do something but I don't know what to do! What do I do? I need to help! He helped me! I notice his eyes meet mine.

I see a look of shock and surprise. Then a look that says 'get out of here!' But I don't listen. The belief-keeper turns his head so I quickly duck away.

What do I do? I look at the wall behind Jack. There lies an ice flower. Something inside me snaps at that moment.

It starts to flurry around the belief-keeper. Then I shoot ice at him. I begin to walk out from behind the trash in the centre of the alley. I shoot larger chunks of ice now.

How could you hurt such a young man!? I scream as loud as possible. What did he do that was so bad to deserve this!?

"Elsa... S-stop.." Jack says quietly. I don't listen. The keeper is now on the ground. He has dropped his flame wire rod. I pick it up.

This is what you hit him with! I throw it at him. The flurry stops and I stop throwing ice.

A prod is what you hit him with as if he had no soul. As if you were better than him. I'll tell you that one things for sure. You are not. I say in a loud, confident voice and I walk over to jack.

"Why did you do that?" He asks as he slowly starts to stand.

Because it was the right thing to do. I say. I then pick up Anna's things that I had bought and walk out of the alley. I turn and see a glimpse of Jack. Standing in the middle of the alley.

Smiling.