Chapter 3

As I walked home I walked past winks house and remembered I made plans to go hunting with her today after school so I rushed home. I say a quick hi to Anna and run out to the form border.

The fence is made of flame wire. If a person with ice power touches it they will be burned. It can only be put out with water or the switch in the top form. But ours isn't usually on so I shoot some ice at it and it takes about a minute to melt.

So it's on but on, like, level one heat! I shout.

I walk over to a snow covered bush and shove it aside, revealing me and winks secret pass. The wire is cut here so we can just squeeze through. I duck through the gap and run into the woods.

I meet wink at our hideout. It has the perfect view of five but no one in five can see us. Actually no one can see us. I sealed up the doorway with ice. Our hideout is kind of like a cave. It's a place I hid in when I couldn't control my powers. It's basically a huge cocoon of ice around us with some small holes to look through.

Hey. I say to wink. Realizing she got here before me because I almost forgot.

I almost forgot we were hunting today. I say truthfully

"That's ok." She says. "Let's go!" Wink screamed excitedly.

We left the hideout and went hunting. We saw a snow hare almost immediately and I covered it in ice. I ran over and picked it up. I set it inside one of the pouches we have hidden in trees. We have them so we can keep our game in a safe place while we hunt and so at the end we go to each one and collect it.

Those game pouches were a good idea. I say to her.

"I know right!" Wink says. We catch multiple hares and foxes a deer and some snow birds. " I think that should be enough for tonight." Winks says. So we walk to each pouch and collect the game then head home. We split the game in half as usual. I ended up with three hares, a fox, two snow birds and we decide to trade the deer at the ice price for some goods.

I see something glistening amongst the nicknacks and other small items. I pull it out of the pile and realize it's a silver snowflake pin.

How much for this pin? I ask the clerk.

"You can have it." She says kindly.

Thank you. I say in return. I then leave the store and go home to see prim making dinner. I think she's making some kind of soup.

What are you making Anna? I ask.

"Veggie soup. I had already started cutting veggies this morning so it would be ready when you got home. It will be done in five minutes." She says.

Ok. I say. I eat dinner with Anna in front of the TV. And I bet you can guess who's making another 'important' announcement. I see the president with his wife.

"Due to some unexpected party invitation I will be moving the Big Five Games to tomorrow afternoon. Everyone from 10-25 in each form must come to the main square of their form at 1pm for the collection. WHAT!?! This time I actually did spit out my juice! How could he just spring this on us! The collection is supposed to be this Friday, NOT tomorrow afternoon!

I dump the rest of my soup back into the pot. I'm definitely not hungry after a surprise like that! I tell Anna to go to bed. We can't sleep in if the collection is taking place tomorrow afternoon. I go up to my room and get into my jammies. A white tank top with snowflake pj pants. I get into my bed and drift off to sleep...