Chapter 10

After Ruby was done talking, two belief-keepers escorted us off the stage and into a great big room. Somebody said what the name was but I wasn't listening.

I was too wrapped up in my thoughts.

What did Jack mean by 'I'm sorry'? What would he be sorry for?

Maybe the burn on my hands from the rod the belief-keeper was holding?

For me having to volunteer for my sister?

"Now we will be entring the train, which will then take us ALL the way to the top form!" Ruby said. Snapping me out of my thoughts.

She actually said entring, and she held the 'all' so it was allll. Man people in the top form talk weird.

D-don't we get to say goodbye!? To our families? I say. Anna...

"Oh Elsa! Hahaha! Don't you know that your families are going to be transported to the top form by hovercraft? You will say goodbye as you are entring the games, silly!"

What?! I though out loud.

"Didn't you hear me? I sai-" I cut her off:

Yes I heard you, but why are you just taking our families away from their homes?

"Oh Elsa! Because then they won't be able to see a VIP viewing of the games!"

"WELL WHAT IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE IN THE TOP FORM!!!" I heard someone shout from behind me. I turn and see Jack, his face even more pale than usual.

Oops I forgot Jack was here too.

"Well they probably will Jack!" Ruby says.

"No, they don't. Do you want to know what happens to people who go for a 'VIP' viewing of the games?"

"They become the tops slaves!!!"

"All of my family went for a 'VIP' viewing of the games! I was the only one that escaped! THEY ARE STILL THERE TO THIS DAY!!!!! Do you know what it's like living on the streets because you don't make enough money to afford a house. To beg for food to have for you dinner? To sleep in a dumpster because there is NO WHERE ELSE TO GO?!?"

"Uhh Ja-" Ruby says but he cut her off.

"NO YOU DONT! Because you get to live at the top!" He says as his face is right in hers.

"Manners! What I was trying to say is if you win the games you get a house in the Top Town in your form, you also receive a certain amount of money each month. You chose how much money you want in a month. The maximum amount to receive is one million dollars." Ruby says, looking a bit annoyed.

"Then I'm gonna win." Jack said. Great. Now I have no chance of winning. How am I supposed to win if Jack is against me. Anyway I have worse things to worry about, what are they going to do to Anna?

"Ok, now it's time to go to your rooms. Elsa your room 205 and Jack your 206 so your right across from each other. Oh and those rooms are in train cart 18. Ok? Now go to your rooms and get some rest."

Ok. I say.

"Ok, goodnight Elsie." Jack said to me.

Did you just call me Elsie? I asked Jack, I liked it. His face started to turn red.

"Ummmm, n-no! No I didn't, nope." Jack said, he lifted his hand and put it on the back of his neck. Aww it's cute when he does that..wait what did I just say?

Oh, ok... I said, kind of disappointed.

"W-well I can if you want me to! I mean if you'd li-"

Sure Jack.

"Ok, well, goodnight Elsie."

Goodnight jack. I say as I enter my room.

I get changed into some blue pj pants and a icy blue tank top. I lay the dress I was wearing earlier out on the bed to look at it.

Wow it's pretty, I thought.

It's made of my ice and it's an icy blue, covered in small snowflakes and it has a light icy blue cape, it's a long sleeve dress and it goes down to my feet.

I decide to make one little adjustment when I think of how much I hate the Top form.

I tear a long slit down the right side of the dress.

I decide to call myself the ice queen when I'm wearing it. Is can be my disguise when I want to get away. I make a mask out of ice and it matches the colour of the cape.

It's perfect.

I put it in one of the drawers and get into my bed.

And I slowly drift off to sleep...