Chapter 6

So I wake up and look over at the clock. It's 8:47 am. Oh! I need to get ready for the collection at one.

Suddenly I hear a high pitched scream from down the hall. I run to Anna's room and whip open the door.

I see Anna in her bed with her eyes wide open. She's clutching her sheets and curled up in a ball. She's slightly rocking back and forth.

Anna! It's ok, it was just a dream! I rush over to her and sit beside her on her bed. She immediately hugs me and cries into my chest.

We sit like this for a few minutes and make the mistake of asking Anna: do you want to get up and get ready for the collection?

"No! No! Noooo! Don't make me go Elsa! Pelt me stay home! I don't want to go!" And she bursts out crying again.

It's ok Anna. They're not gonna pick you. There's no way. I say as I try to comfort her. It sort of helped her calm down.

"Ok...do you promise?" She asked.

I-I can't...I can't promise... I whisper.

"I know you can't promise. I-I just...I hate the games!" She sniffles. "Imagine the poor form folk who are forced to serve the stupid top form people!" Almost shouting as she said 'top form.'

I know. I wish they could just stop watching the games so we wouldn't have to be in them. I say. I know that will never happen!

Now let's go, I'll make breakfast for us ok?

"Ok" she sniffles. I make some scrambled eggs and bacon and we eat it at the counter in the centre of the kitchen.

Go get ready for the collection. I'm going to go out for a bit and then come back to bring you to the square at one ok?

"Yup. Oh and I need some pepper and ice flakes from the store" Anna says as she walks up to her room.

I run upstairs and get dressed. I put on a blue leather jacket, grey skinny jeans and my favourite black boots with a snowflake on the buckles. Then I leave my room, still a bit chilly from last night, go down the stairs and leave the house.

As I'm walking I see belief-keepers beginning to set up for the collection today. I walk past them and go in the ice price to get the things Anna needed and I buy them.

As I'm leaving the store I see something out of the corner of my eye...