Chapter 9

"The collection is going to begin in five minutes" I hear a belief-keeper shout.

Anna go to your category and I'll meet you after ok? I whisper to her. We leave to out categories. I wait in line for a bit and then they pricked my finger for a fingerprint.

I leave the stand and look around for Anna. Where could she be? I saw her go in line but I can't find her.

Anna? I say. Anna! Where are you? I'm starting to get worried. Where could she be? Obviously not very far.

"Get in your seat." A belief-keeper says to me as she shoves me toward the audience in front of a stage.

I need to find Anna! I tell her.

"Sorry you need to go sit down."

Let go!

"Mam. Please go sit down." As she takes a small piece of plastic and whips it towards the ground. It whips out into a flame wire rod.

Wha-hey! I shout. She starts coming closer. I decide to go sit down. I don't want to cause any trouble.

I sit for a while and I still can't find Anna. Periwinkle sits beside me.

"Hey Els!"

Hi wink. Have you seen Anna?

"Ummm. No I haven't. Sorry Els. She's probably fine."

Ok. I hope she's ok. I say.

I see Ruby Maud come on stage. She's wearing some weird looking dress. It looks like she's a snowflake that exploded into a bunch of purple, frilly fabric, which makes no sense. She has a white powdered wig that has a million blue bows stuffed in it.

"Hello form five!!" She shouts through the mic. "I thought I could get into the five spirit by dressing as a majestic, what do you call it, SNOWFLAKE!!!" She talks in a weird accent.

"Now, for the starting of the collection. Welcome to the 51st annual big five games! And may the possibility be likely upon you!" She says. That sentence doesn't even make sense!

She plays a video and the mentor who won the games a while ago came on stage to take a seat, his name is Ice man. He's pretty young but was one of the rebels before the games started. I guess he's immortal. That happens to people occasionally.

After the video ends Ruby claps madly and I see she has a huge smile on her face. She acts as though she loves these things! I guess she doesn't understand that they're ripping people's family members away, never to be seen again.

"Now, shall we get down to business?" I guess she means by picking two tributes.

"Let's start off with the girls." She walks over to one of the two glass boxes on the stage filled with papers and picks one. She then walks back to the mic. And opens the paper.

She then reads the name.

"Anna Arendelle." I feel my body freeze.

I see Anna walking through the crowd. She gets to the aisle down the middle of the crowd.

I can't take it! I feel a tear roll down my face, but then I get angry. No way is Anna going to these games. No. Way.

I run through the crowd screaming for them to stop. To leave her alone. I'm in the aisle.

ANNA!!! ANNA!!! NO!!! I see the belief-keepers.

I-I....I....I VOLUNTEER. The belief-keepers come and carry Anna away.

"No! Noooo! Elsa no!" She screams but I am forced up onto the stage.

Before I know it I'm standing beside Ruby Maud, frozen in front of the crowd.

"Whmfphffsf?" Ruby says.

"Whmfpgffsf?" She says again.

What? I say out loud.

"Hahahaha! Modest too!"

What are you talking about!? I ask.

"Oh never mind, what's your name young lady?"

Oh....E-Elsa....Arendelle...

"So Elsa, I bet that was your sister!"

Y-yeah it was.

"You are so brave and courageous for volunteering!" I did not respond to this.

"Moving on, now it's the boys turn." She then walked over to the other side of the stage and reached in the other glass box with the boys names on the little black pieces of paper and grabbed one.

She walks back over to me and opens the paper. Into the mic she says the name...

"Jack Frost."

Ok. I can deal with that. I guess... I hope. Thank god I didn't tell Anna that's who I saved yesterday.

"Our tributes from district five for the 51st annual Big Five Games!!!" Ruby shouted into the mic. "Now shake hands you two." We did as we were told.

Jack gave me a look in his eyes again. A look that said, 'I'm sorry'

For what. I mouthed to him. But he didn't give me an answer.

Ruby started clapping awkwardly and everyone else just stared.

Then one woman in the crowd put up her hands and overlapped them over each other forming a heart with her fingers making it checkered.

This is our symbol for saying:

Good Luck.