The Living Years

TUTORING CENTER:

TUTORING CENTER:

Beth and Nathan were in the tutoring center for his session, especially since basketball practices was starting up again.

"Did you finish The Little Prince." asked Beth.

"No, I just rented the movie. This book is stupid" said Nathan making Beth let out a soft sigh.

"Nathan, you're not going to pass French if you keep renting movies." said Beth.

"Well, its not like I have a lot of time to just sit around and read." said Nathan with a bit of attitude to his voice.

"So, are you ever going to tell me how it went." asked Beth referring to his therapy session he had this morning.

"The therapist asked me if I really want to play basketball or not." said Nathan.

"Wow, what did you say." said Beth.

"I didn't know what to say. Nobody's ever asked me that question." said Nathan.

"Wow, that's really big." said Beth.

"This last couple of weeks without it, I mean if I didn't play I might actually have a life." said Nathan.

"What would you do?" asked Beth.

"I don't know. At least I'd have some time to figure it out though. Besides, I'm sure we could find a lot better things to do with our time right." said Nathan with a smile making Beth look down with a smile on her face.

"You think?" asked Beth as she leaned in and gently pressed her lips against him. "I think you're really brave. To consider rebuilding who you are. I don't know if I could do that." said Beth.

"You could." said Nathan as he started to pack up his things. "Well, I gotta go." said Nathan.

Beth looks down at her watch to look at the time, which was the end of their study session. "Oh yeah. practice starts back up again today." said Beth.

Nathan nodded his head. "Yeah, for you it does, I'm just not sure if I do. I'll see ya, Beth." said Nathan as Beth nodded her head as Nathan walked out the tutor center.

...

OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL:

Beth and Peyton were walking outside the school to cross the street to get to gym, for their first official day back for practice.

"Hey spirit girls." said a voice making Beth look up to see Haley. "You know, the whole cheerleading thing always throws me off." said Haley as she was walking next to them.

"What?" asked Peyton confused.

"Since I already know Beth, It's just the more I get to know you the harder it is to wrap my head around it that you both are cheerleaders." said Haley.