The phone call

Sam pushed open the door of his huge mansion and entered.He was so tired that he didn't even bothered to greet Goldy,his pet cat. Goldy came running after him and brushed his body against Sam's feet while Sam was sitting in his arm chair with his eyes closed."Hey man,how are you?"Sam patted him. Goldy mewed in response.Jack,his only servant,knocked at the door.

"Yes?"Sam asked."Dinner is ready,sir."Jack replied."I am coming."Sam slowly got up to change into his  trousers and t shirt. Goldy followed him outside to the dining hall.

Sam Williams was a famous writer and he was in his late thirties.Being a soft hearted man,he was always ready to help anyone who was in need.All he had was his mansion,his trusted servant Jack and his pet Goldy.He was happy with his easygoing life.His neighbours loved him for his helping nature and sweet attitude towards everyone so they didn't question him much about his family.He was living there in Manhattan for almost twelve years.He concentrated more on writing than on his business and was a successful writer.

"Twelve years has passed,twelve years....twelve years...such a long time it has been."Sam was muttering under his breath.

He has just got up from his slumber and was busy doing his favouriate activity of thinking.A sudden knock made him jump out of his thoughts."Who?"he asked."Tea is ready,sir",it was Jack at the door.

Without replying,he came out of his bed and opened the door.While having tea,he was going through the newspaper when a news caught his eyes.The news was about a cruel murder of a family which made him restless.He hated news about murders.His bestfriend,Fred and his family had been murdered and there was a news about them in the newspaper just like that day.He remembered how much he was in a disturbed state of mind that he just ran away..far ..very far from that place.Fred and his family were just like his own family.He remembered how much care and love he had got from them.He was an orphan but the news of murder made him feel like he had lost his family.Then he came there and started his business of cloths which later became a big mall.He got success at every step,even when he tried his hand at writing.His first novel 'Confession',was a hit.

Gradually he got more and more followers on every social media which encouraged him to continue his career as a novelist.

His neighbours  knew about the murder incident which had compelled Sam to change his place so they had sympathy for him.

His cellphone rang,making him come out of his thoughts."Hello?"he asked in a heavy voice."Good morning Mr.Williams",there was an air of enthusiasm in the female voice."May i know who is speaking?"he asked rummaging through the stack of magazines kept neatly on the small table beside his chair."Oh,this is Angelina Cathy,i am your biggest fan sir",it seemed like she was jumping with happiness."Thank you"his reply was casual."Sir,i-i just wanted to talk..sir..you are an awesome witer,sir, your latest novel was-was awesome...sir..i have read it four times sir...and i loved it sir..sir can we..can we be friends?" the question in the last sentence was asked with so much innocence that he couldn't refuse."Yeah,why not"he was compelled to say that.The happiness beamed in the female voice when she thanked him and that made him smile."Listen,i have some work right now,we will talk later."he quickly said sensing that she is again preparing to continue her non ending speech because he was in no mood to talk.

"Oh sorry sir,it's okay ,Bye"the bye was spoken so casually like they had been friends for ages.He hung up the call and rested his head on the back of the chair.He has so many fans but this friendship thing was new to him.Maybe it will bring happiness in his lonely life.He slowly closes his eyes and becomes lost in his thoughts.