Kate

Days were passing but there was no change in Sam's restlessness.He decided to ask Angelina about Kate and the next moment he was dialling her number."Hello,Sam here.Are you busy?"

"Umm not much,you say?"

"I just wanted to-i mean..how is your friend doing?your bestie?"

"Oh,Kate?yeah she must be fine,i don't know much about her whereabouts.Why?"

"No,just like that..err-you seemed quite angry with her the other day so i just asked.You should not be annoyed with her for so long,afterall,she is your friend."

"Yeah,i know,i will talk to her once she talks to me.She shouted at me when she came to know that i have told you that she knows you.That was so painful,she actually shouted at me."she sounded sad.

"Angelina,relax,now you are overreacting,this is so childish,you should talk to her."he sounded irritated.

"What is the matter with you?"she asked.

"Nothing,just feeling a bit low,maybe having headache....talk to you later.Bye."he cut the call.

It was three o'clock at night and Sam was tossing and turning in his bed.Slumber was far away from his eyes.

He was confused and a bit scared.Twelve years old memories started creeping in his mind.He wanted to get rid of them, but he was not able to do so.They were actually horrifying him each and every moment.Every single moment was becoming a burden,he has to be quick,he has to act smartly,he won't be afraid of anyone,he has not done anything wrong,he consoled himself.Still he was not getting any idea how to get in contact with Kate.

He couldn't sleep the whole night.It was not even six in the morning when he got up from his bed.He was calling Goldy when he received a call from an unknown number.

"Yes?"he asked.There was a silence from the other side for a moment and then he heard a soft female voice.

"I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour,sir.I'm Kate,Angel's friend."Sam was shocked,then he sighed and said."Oh,hello."

"Actually i had to confess there was nothing like  i know you or something like that.I just joked and she took it seriously.How could i know you,is it even possible?"she was smiling ,he guessed.

"Umm-yeah,you are right,it's not possible."

"Yeah,exactly,that is what i am trying to say.And I hope Angel gets it as easily as u got."she laughed.

"Hmmm,yeah,she will."

"Okay,sorry to disturb you.Goodbye."

"No,it's okay ,goodbye."

Sam sighed and dropped his cellphone on the bed.Now,his confusion has reached its peak.He couldn't get the fact that if she didn't knew him then why she said that to her friend.He had to know that,he had to.