The Showpiece

"Jack,bring me the tea here,"Sam called from his study.He was going through magazines and newspapers as usual."Okay,Sir,"Jack replied.Sam was partly studying and another half of his mind was stuck with the girl who had called a few days ago.

He just couldn't make out what was all that about or whether it was a simple coincidence or some conspiracy against him.

He was sipping his evening tea when his cellphone rang.It was Kate calling,to his surprise.

"Hello?"

After talking and discussing a bit about Angelina ,Kate told him that Angelina is still annoyed with her and she is not even picking up her call.Sam told her that he is also not in touch with her.

"Mr.Williams,i  wanted to invite you to my birthday party.Since we have talked and now we know each other,i hope you won't mind."

"Umm no not at all,it is a pleasure for me."he managed to be cool.

After hanging up the call,he dropped the cellphone on the table.Now,what the hell was going on he couldn't make out.

'First she jokes she knew him,then she calls early in the morning just to clarify that it was only a joke,and now she

wants to be friends with me by inviting me to a stupid party,what the hell!!'he thought.'I have to be cautious,may be she is not Kate,she can be that girl also,it can be true,yeah,I must go there but she can't make a fool of me like this,I Am The Williams,the famous writer,she can't do that to me,it is not that easy'he laughed aloud and banged his fist on the table.

Next evening,Sam parked the car in the parking lot and headed towards the hotel,where Kate was supposed to be giving her birthday party.He got out from the car and entered the Hotel T-Plus and reached the room where she has invited him.It was beautifully decorated with craftworks,balloons,colorfuls lights and what not.Sam was wondering what to do while he adored the decorations ,when someone called his name from behind.He turned back to see a girl in her early twenties,dressed in a simple sweatshirt and jeans,

with highheels,was smiling."Yeah?"he hesitated.

"Most welcome Mr.Williams,I am Kate."she smiled.

"Oh,nice to meet you.Actually i didn't recognise your voice."he was embarassed.

"I can understand,u need not be embarrassed."

"Thanks.Happy Birthday,miss Kate."he offered her a beautiful bouquet and two small boxes of chocolates and a  showpiece  glass table clock beautifully wrapped with a purple sheet.

"Oh wow,thank you so much,i really loved it."she accepted it."Enjoy the party,Mr.Williams,excuse me I have to go."

"It's okay,you can."he smiled coolly.

It was ten of night when he finally drove out of the hotel.He enjoyed the party and was in a very mood.He was humming a song and constantly smiling as he drove through dark streets to his house.'Now,I will get to know who is she,no matter what happens,hahahaha'he laughed aloud.'She will be more cautious if she is whom i have guessed her to be.She will check my gifts  whether there is a trap for her or not if she is not what she appears to be.And if she is not,she will be as innocent as she looks.Hahahaha,girl,i am clever than you.The camera will prove what you are,Hahaha.'

he parked the car and entered the house.